Snooker 19

Caporegime
this will probably be a lonely thread, but I’ve been waiting for years for a good snooker game, (Looking at you Jimmy Whites whirlwind snooker). Hoping this it. Shamelessly released at world champs time to drum up sales.

Graphics look ok, but nothing groundbreaking. Let’s face it, with a snooker game, it’s all down to the physics to get the gameplay right. Hopefully they’ve done a decent job. It’s only £26 so I’m gonna give it a bash. Has the look of a game that will be in the PS sales within a few months.

Soldato
Love a snooker game, last snooker game I really enjoyed was Jimmy White Whirlwind Snooker back in the 90s on Amiga. There's not been a snooker game that's come anywhere near that level in all the years since, WSC 11 was last ok one but it wasnt great. Will prob get this on Steam though.

Caporegime
OP
Love a snooker game, last snooker game I really enjoyed was Jimmy White Whirlwind Snooker back in the 90s on Amiga. There's not been a snooker game that's come anywhere near that level in all the years since, WSC 11 was last ok one but it wasnt great. Will prob get this on Steam though.
Yeah, I’m a bit torn actually on whether to go console or pc.

Caporegime
OP
^lol, that’s funny.

There’s been a moan up about the cover from snooker fans.

There’s four players on it, Trump, Ronnie, Selby and Robertson and the world champs trophy. However, in a strange decision, they appear to have omitted the actual world champion, Mark Williams!

Associate
^lol, that’s funny.

There’s been a moan up about the cover from snooker fans.

There’s four players on it, Trump, Ronnie, Selby and Robertson and the world champs trophy. However, in a strange decision, they appear to have omitted the actual world champion, Mark Williams!

_106425879_mockupofvideogamecover.jpg

Caporegime
OP
What the hells happened here!!!

Just got an email from amazon saying that my preorder has been delayed until 7-30 May! Didn’t give any reason at all. The game hasn’t been delayed as far as I know. Others have it. What could have forced such a long delay? I ordered on the 1 April. Very disappointed I have to say.

I might just get it digital. It’s the same price as other places. I can’t see me selling it and it stops all the disc changing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Is the AI as atrocious as the reviews are saying? Graphics of players and animations terrible?
It’s not great. Looks more like a 2010 game than a 2019 one.

The AI is strange. The shots they play make no sense at all most of the time. They go for pots which no pro would ever attempt. And when they do go for a safety, it’s invariably an ultra slow roll up, which is just stupid.

It needs a hell of a lot of work. I could list dozens of things wrong with it. We’ll just have to see how dedicated the devs are to updating it. I get the feeling it’s nowhere near finished. They just wanted to get it out 3 days before the world champs starts. For example there’s still a bug where Selby plays every shot with a rest.

Soldato
It’s not great. Looks more like a 2010 game than a 2019 one.

The AI is strange. The shots they play make no sense at all most of the time. They go for pots which no pro would ever attempt. And when they do go for a safety, it’s invariably an ultra slow roll up, which is just stupid.

It needs a hell of a lot of work. I could list dozens of things wrong with it. We’ll just have to see how dedicated the devs are to updating it. I get the feeling it’s nowhere near finished. They just wanted to get it out 3 days before the world champs starts. For example there’s still a bug where Selby plays every shot with a rest.

Doesn't sound great, might not even bother getting it, for now at least, it sounds overall pretty disappointing. And yeah, I read about the rest bug, how something like that gets missed (Or ignored) is beyond me.

Last edited:
Soldato
damn this game is terrible, what a massive disappointment, my god. WSC Real World Snooker 09 is leagues and leagues better than this tripe. I could make a 20 point list of things that this game does so poorly and that's just in a 30 minute play around.

Refund time.

Back
Top Bottom