• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lucky me!

Caporegime
Surely it's fundamental to be able to separate returns from new inventory? Any company will have processes for this, should they wish to follow them of course....

Sadly I assume there are many warehouse conversations asking the lines of 'if you can't tell, just wack it back in the new parts box'.

Associate
They don't respond to every thread. If you want a response then the place to post is the dedicated customer services forums and they will reply promptly.

This is something the OP can and should do if they want to take the issue to ocuk staff via the forums. Alternatively they can call or pop into the store depending on what suits them.

Soldato
That can sort of be flipped for consideration - it is because the masses don't value honesty enough that they allow a minority to keep them down.

I think they do value honesty but can't be bothered to spend the time researching who they are voting for. As they say we get the politicans we deserve!

Associate
OP
They don't respond to every thread. If you want a response then the place to post is the dedicated customer services forums and they will reply promptly.

This is something the OP can and should do if they want to take the issue to ocuk staff via the forums. Alternatively they can call or pop into the store depending on what suits them.

I think I most likely will make the staff aware, I can't see it being of any gain to me in this instance. But as OcUK being my go to for PC components since, well forever. I don't really want this to happen again.

Don
The silence from any OCUK staff on here kind of says everything doesnt it!

Does it, the staff have clarified the shops processes for returns numerous times previously. I think you will find shop staff very open about it.

It is maybe worth getting to know the forum first before casting aspersions.

Associate
Does it, the staff have clarified the shops processes for returns numerous times previously. I think you will find shop staff very open about it.

It is maybe worth getting to know the forum first before casting aspersions.

What aspersions are they?? And a 3 page thread with numerous people saying the same , including the OP , my little comment is highlighted. Yeah ok. Very friendly btw

Caporegime
Returning a CPU if you loose the silicon lottery is a disgrace. The law should be changed to allow shops to refuse. You're paying for the rated speed, not the overclock. Anything extra is a free bonus.

It's would be like returning a loosing lottery ticket. Shocking behaviour.
Agree it's a disgrace.

But whilst it happens (commonly?) you can understand - if not agree with - the practice of selling on said returns as new.

I don't agree with either practice.

If, however, we changed the law to prevent people returning goods that aren't faulty - well you might end up with people simply deliberately breaking things to return them. Not sure if as many people would do that as now, but I'm sure some would.

Caporegime
Surely the answer is just some method of being able to tell whether or not the box has been opened?

Returning a new item is one thing, but being able to open it and delid it without anyone noticing points at the packaging being insufficient to me.

Associate
What aspersions are they?? And a 3 page thread with numerous people saying the same , including the OP , my little comment is highlighted. Yeah ok. Very friendly btw

To be fair it sounds like OCUK are being accused of being dishonest, so hardly surprising they may be a little defensive.

Playing devils advocate, how would OCUK know if a customer has returned a chip after de-lidding it unless they decide to de-lid every returned chip? The dishonest party here is the customer who bought the chip, de-lidded it, found it clocked badly or whatever then returned it (as a working chip... because it is/was).

Permabanned
Playing devils advocate, how would OCUK know if a customer has returned a chip after de-lidding it unless they decide to de-lid every returned chip?

only sealed box's are supposed to be sold as new, that how they would know.
the problem here is internet shopping law says you can try before you buy....

buy it, dont like it, send it back. <<<< this was made for sales like ebay. ebay(sellers) was screwing over people left, right and center so the DSR law was made(buy it, dont like it, send it back)
this is a VERY GOOD LAW for USED items sales, the problem is the law was just done as a blanket bomb on all internet sales

What overclockers should be is take the part of the law that says if you return an intem as unwanted they can charger you a percentage for restocking and/or discounting for open box's be returnbed.

How ever thats when people start stamping on stuff and saying it was deliver broken, HONEST COMPANY'S(like OcUK) get bummed ever way

Associate
only sealed box's are supposed to be sold as new, that how they would know.
the problem here is internet shopping law says you can try before you buy....

buy it, dont like it, send it back. <<<< this was made for sales like ebay. ebay(sellers) was screwing over people left, right and center so the DSR law was made(buy it, dont like it, send it back)
this is a VERY GOOD LAW for USED items sales, the problem is the law was just done as a blanket bomb on all internet sales

Think the main problem here is that the OP bought an OEM cpu, had it been retail this would have been a non factor. Tough one really, as you can return anything in 14 days, so if we all did that then would OCUK be obliged to then sell all of these chips as B-grade? That could potentially sink the company faster than the titanic...

Personally, I don't think OCUK have anything to answer for here, the Op has just been unlucky due to another customers dishonesty in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom