How have we as a species allowed it to come to this?

Caporegime
never had an issue with cancelling SKY. 2 mins i think it was on live chat and job done. they just don't like you......harsh but understandable :p

Took me two hours last time I was cancelling sky. In the end to get the guy to shut up and put through my cancellation I told him we were getting divorced as my wife had found out I had been sleeping with her sister and she had booted me out of the house. He even asked would my wife then be interested in taking my account on?

Soldato
Took me two hours last time I was cancelling sky. In the end to get the guy to shut up and put through my cancellation I told him we were getting divorced as my wife had found out I had been sleeping with her sister and she had booted me out of the house. He even asked would my wife then be interested in taking my account on?
Please tell me that you’re joking?!

They offered me a couple of options to stay which would have seriously reduced the cost but when I told him there was nothing on Sky I watched that I couldn’t get via cheaper on demand services they were fine about it. Just asked if I ever reconsidered to get in touch. I’m probably exaggerating a bit when I said it took 2 mins but it certainly wasn’t much more than maybe 10 at a push.

Soldato
Nope, sadly I am not joking.
In all fairness, you are probably dealing with a person whose retention is dependent on yours. In call centres, things are gamefied to be vicious and competitive to boot. I treat most cancellation calls as having to go through a questionnaire. Once you've done a few - it's not so bad. Just takes time.

Soldato
This thread is just like those posters who don't know how to close a door on Jehova's - life skillz zero

I said to one lot that I wasn't interested because I was a Druid and by the way you don't have any virgins in your lot that would convert to ours - we are short of them. They never came back :D

Caporegime
OP
This thread is just like those posters who don't know how to close a door on Jehova's - life skillz zero

It's not really, is it? A Jehovah comes on your terms, it's easy to just slam the door and walk away. Same with the TV licence cretins. Unfortunately with Sky it's a necessary step and needs to be done on their terms.

Also, jehovahs, my aunt lived close to one of their church things where they would train the youngsters in the art of "HELLO HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS?" and every now and then they'd actually walk the local 'hood to try it out. It got worse and worse over time until it became a weekly thing, every Saturday, without fail. My aunt had a black labrador so she let it run in the garden outside and when she saw them approaching, she opened the door and called the dog. "SATAN!!! SATAAAAANNNN!!!!"

They never knocked on her door again.

Caporegime
There needs to be much more robust laws regarding contracts. Simply put, you should be able to cancel a contract the same way you sign up to it. So if you sign up for Sky online, you should be able to cancel it online, no phone call.

Man of Honour
It's not really, is it? A Jehovah comes on your terms, it's easy to just slam the door and walk away. Same with the TV licence cretins. Unfortunately with Sky it's a necessary step and needs to be done on their terms.

Also, jehovahs, my aunt lived close to one of their church things where they would train the youngsters in the art of "HELLO HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS?" and every now and then they'd actually walk the local 'hood to try it out. It got worse and worse over time until it became a weekly thing, every Saturday, without fail. My aunt had a black labrador so she let it run in the garden outside and when she saw them approaching, she opened the door and called the dog. "SATAN!!! SATAAAAANNNN!!!!"

I know a lot of JoJo's and my mate Terry lives 100 yards away.
I actually helped to build a Kingdom Hall in Normacot, Stoke which was an amazing feat of work, I was calling in with terry every day to help out for a couple of hours.
From start to finish it took 2 weeks and on the Friday I was fitting the PA system so they could have their first meeting that evening.
People were coming from all over Britain with different skills at exactly the right time, it was amazing.

Funnily enough a few years later I watched loads of Muslims doing exactly the same thing building two houses about 200 yards from there.

Man of Honour
I said to one lot that I wasn't interested because I was a Druid and by the way you don't have any virgins in your lot that would convert to ours - we are short of them. They never came back :D

Someone I knew told them she was a witch and invited them in with "Ah, virgins! Come in, come in! We need new sacrifices!" That did the trick after they'd been bothering her repeatedly. They had this idea that witch = satanist or something.

I've only been caught the once and made it clear at the start that I was an atheist, that I was quite willing to stand in the doorway in the freezing cold talking religion and that she was wasting her time unless she could provide hard evidence, like arranging for her god to manifest in person and talk to me. I was polite because JWs are polite and mostly harmless. She moved on to another target.

Caporegime
OP
Mixed bag today. I've managed to get SSE to call me when they need money paid, so that saves me spending half my life on hold waiting for them.

The crap one however is now I need to sort out a bill with BT. Let's see how long this takes.

"Thank you for holding, we are very busy at the moment, we apologise for the delay, your call will be answered as soon as possible" - Hire some more staff for **** sakes, you're a multi-billion pound company :rolleyes:

Soldato
What annoys me is the break in hold music to remind me i'm still on hold.

Just play the music till you want to answer rather than getting my hopes up thinking i'm actually about to talk to someone, only to hear a robotic "we know you are waiting"

Associate
Three are the worst for this, you have to go to war with them if you want to cancel, even having the cheek of offering me a reduced price sim as a backup.

Does anyone know why they make you call up to claim back any credit owed?

Soldato

Off-topic but I had some Jehovah's Witnesses come round mine one morning and I actually invited them in to chat. They left after a bit and never came back though I have seen them going down my street on a couple of occasions since.

Back
Top Bottom