*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
Cane_316 on origin if anyone is playing this (hard to tell from the last few replies.
Pretty pants at firestorm but would be nice to play with some people with mics...

Soldato
I'm new to bf5/origin and looking for friends. Please hit me up with your tags or add me. I'm StanleyWOT.

Hopefully there should be 2 or 3 of us playing on the OcUK Discord tonight if you want to join us (probably 8:30 onwards)

New "grind" game mode out today for a short time. 3 maps with 3 flag linear flags with 64 players for those who miss Metro.

Associate
New "grind" game mode out today for a short time. 3 maps with 3 flag linear flags with 64 players for those who miss Metro.
OMG! The bridge on Narvik is going to be like a sausage machine if they still have artillery smashing it in the latter stage. :eek::D

Soldato
OMG! The bridge on Narvik is going to be like a sausage machine if they still have artillery smashing it in the latter stage. :eek::D

Should be able to get at least two strikes in one round per squad. I'm assuming (but they haven't explicitly said) that there are no vehicles (although half tracks might be good). I suspect a crocodile tank would make a swift BBQ on twisted steal with all those sausages.

Soldato
Hey guys, just played a quick game of BFV conquest there to see how my system performs..if I can get some feedback to see if my system is running well, or could be better in certain aspects, that would be great..

I played a 64 man conquest for around 15-20 mins to see what I peaked up around..

I am running at 1440p and on Ultra setting all-round..I was averaging between 90-110 FPS for the most part..

My temps were :
peak on my 8700K - 66c
peak on my RTX 2080 (blower) - 68c (custom fan curve, is loud but I dont hear with my headphones anyway).

Cheers guys

Soldato
Hey guys, just played a quick game of BFV conquest there to see how my system performs..if I can get some feedback to see if my system is running well, or could be better in certain aspects, that would be great..

I played a 64 man conquest for around 15-20 mins to see what I peaked up around..

I am running at 1440p and on Ultra setting all-round..I was averaging between 90-110 FPS for the most part..

My temps were :
peak on my 8700K - 66c
peak on my RTX 2080 (blower) - 68c (custom fan curve, is loud but I dont hear with my headphones anyway).

Cheers guys

Seems about right, if you're gaming on a 144Hz monitor and want higher frames you could drop a few settings to hit a near constant 144Hz (I cap at 141).

Soldato
Seems about right, if you're gaming on a 144Hz monitor and want higher frames you could drop a few settings to hit a near constant 144Hz (I cap at 141).

Cheers for the reply mate.

Yes, im on a 144Hz monitor..what would be sufficient? drop settings from ultra to around medium??

Soldato
Cheers for the reply mate.

Yes, im on a 144Hz monitor..what would be sufficient? drop settings from ultra to around medium??

It depends what you're aiming for, I actually run most settings on low in multiplayer (on a 2080Ti) apart from textures and meshes, all DoF, blurring and AA off, but that's because I like to be able to see my targets. If I play single player I wack it all up including RT to get the pretty stuff. The proper tryhards will run a 1080p 240Hz monitor with everything on lowest possible.

Soldato
Agreed, been a problem with BF games for years. Its probably still the same code from BF1942 days, that would explain the 64 player limit which was once revolutionary but now seems old when PUBG etc can have 100

been watching the carnage in this thread.

Netcode was eventually sorted in BF4 but it took a dedicated in-house development team 6 months to fix it, I think this was maybe after 18 months of the game launching, maybe more.

The problem is that to get really good netcode out of Battlefield you need a 60hz+ tick-rate and to do that you need to needed to cap the player count to 48 players and even then you needed to clear the server so it was not doing anything else. I believe there was also experimentation up to 144hz tick rate but you would need the player count to be 16-20 players, from memory.

Apparently BF5 tickrate is running 30hz on console and 60hz on PC, this appears to have been proven as not accurate and it would not surprise me that they are trying, yet again, to run sub-60hz servers in an effort to keep server costs down and player counts up.

Soldato
My game won't even start now, flashes up then goes back to desktop, I've reinstalled origin and GPU driver but still happens, any ideas?

Soldato
RSP is going to be big IMO. For free as well. BF has for me always been defined by the community playing the maps and modes they want to play, when they want to play them, rather than the current mess where players are shepherded from one mode to the next on a weekly basis. We'll be able to play the maps and modes the way we want to play them again.

Caporegime
Too little, too late!

Couldn't care less for BF now, first bf 1..... (which is still arguably better than bf 5, which says it all...) and then the **** show that is bf 5 was the final nail in the coffin for the BF franchise, at least for myself.

Back
Top Bottom