Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Spent some time cleaning this for the first time in a long time today

IdcQzFS.jpg

Amazing how many chips my bumper has acquired in what must only be a year since it was painted. I also discovered I've run out of autosol so the exhaust really let's it down too

Soldato
Too late now really - depending how much longer I have it the whole front end might get resprayed after winter. I'd probably think about it more seriously then

Associate
When is the next meet? Local to Stoke & interested in coming along

Associate
Yeah you see a lot of them about they must be doing something right. Toyota's answer to the Juke I guess?

I havent actually seen a lot of them in Cornwall maybe one or two and not seen another Hybrid yet, although having said that no doubt I will see loads of them now :)

Even in petrol mode its so quiet such a difference to my old Diesel not a lot of road noise either so its very pleasant place to be.

Only time will tell but so far I am loving it, this particular auto box takes a bit of getting used to it doesnt seem to change gear until you reach a constant speed but even with all the hills round here its giving 50-55+mpg so on a run I may get a little bit better but coming from something that returned 35mpg locally and max of 40mpg on a run I am very happy with it.

Turns out the small boot which I thought may be a problem for carrying all my scuba gear wont be as I am having to give up for health reasons :( so this is now ideal :)

Soldato
I havent actually seen a lot of them in Cornwall maybe one or two and not seen another Hybrid yet, although having said that no doubt I will see loads of them now :)

Even in petrol mode its so quiet such a difference to my old Diesel not a lot of road noise either so its very pleasant place to be.

Only time will tell but so far I am loving it, this particular auto box takes a bit of getting used to it doesnt seem to change gear until you reach a constant speed but even with all the hills round here its giving 50-55+mpg so on a run I may get a little bit better but coming from something that returned 35mpg locally and max of 40mpg on a run I am very happy with it.

Turns out the small boot which I thought may be a problem for carrying all my scuba gear wont be as I am having to give up for health reasons :( so this is now ideal :)

that's because it's a CVT "gearbox" and it has no gears ;) it just tries to "simulate" gears per say so people feel like it changes gear - dumb but hey oh that's how it works.

Soldato
that's because it's a CVT "gearbox" and it has no gears ;) it just tries to "simulate" gears per say so people feel like it changes gear - dumb but hey oh that's how it works.
From my brief experience in the Toyota hybrids, I think they work like a CVT 'should' work - they go to the required revs and stay there until the car has caught up, i've not noticed any gear simulation behaviour in them

Soldato
From my brief experience in the Toyota hybrids, I think they work like a CVT 'should' work - they go to the required revs and stay there until the car has caught up, i've not noticed any gear simulation behaviour in them
I've only driven the new lexus 300h and that seemed to simulate the gears from what I remembered, presumed that chr did the same

Soldato
Soldato
I believe you can put the gearboxes in manual mode and this will simulate step gear changes
CVT is actually excellent as a concept as it allows for ultimate efficiency. They are just weird to live with due to droning engine noise etc

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Picked up my new car last night. Certainly is a bit of a difference coming from an A3 8P. It's so smooth, quiet and comfortable. Massive spec list on it, some of the main ones being; adaptive cruise with side assist, lane assist and pre-sense pus, heads up display, adaptive air suspension, front & rear cameras, colour DIS, MMI high, power tailage, power dimming/folding/heated/memory door mirrors, privacy glass, high beam assist.. the list really does go on and on.

It's the 3.0tdi (245bhp) with the 7 speed S-tronic.

07ymeGQ.jpg
e3txErK.jpg
Decent spec that! Strange they didn't spec auto climate though :confused:

Back
Top Bottom