*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
L.A. Noire is £15 at the moment. I’m surprised how good it runs and looks on Switch. It’s also one of my favourite games. Just a note it’s a 27GB download......
I would probably enjoy this game. I tried it briefly at original ps3/360 launch at a friend's. I get the feeling it doesn't really benefit from being open world?

Associate
Labo VR was better than I thought, we've just finished building the blaster kit.
Good fun.
We foolishly peeled the lens sticker off the goggles a bit early and lots of cardboard dust stuck to it so bear that in mind. Lots of very simple games to mess about with for now though and looking forward to trying Zelda in VR on the 25th which was really the only reason i bought it and hoping for it to be a decent experience.

Man of Honour
Labo VR was better than I thought, we've just finished building the blaster kit.
Good fun.
We foolishly peeled the lens sticker off the goggles a bit early and lots of cardboard dust stuck to it so bear that in mind. Lots of very simple games to mess about with for now though and looking forward to trying Zelda in VR on the 25th which was really the only reason i bought it and hoping for it to be a decent experience.

The Zelda VR doesn't look interesting (it's just low-res Zelda viewed through a "3D window"), but the Mario Odyssey new levels designed just for VR piqued my interest and it's why I bought the VR kit.

Associate
Bought Diablo III on Friday evening. Having played Diablo I and II around 15 years ago (!) and Diablo II being one of my favourite games, I have to say, that so far, Diablo III is really good! Only slight disappointment is how easy it is. I thought it would get harder, as I went for a Crusader, and usually melee classes are easy to start with in most games, but it is still very very easy. My health will only when doing bosses go anywhere below 90%. I can just tank through everything plus can do crazy damage! I'm on Act II now, I suspect close to the finish.

Mind you, I did start on "regular" difficulty, so perhaps I should have opted for the one above, but I have created a "seasonal" character, and when I tried it said I can't change the difficulty now :/ .

Caporegime
Heads up guys.

5 switch games for £137 from Amazon.de:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/promotion/A14GKM87VNXE5N

Make sure you add the product from Amazon as the seller (not a third party). I've just bought 5. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for Yoshi's crafted world (or didn't for me).

I can't order Yoshi either, think it's the lead time that's an issue.

Without that theres not enough games I want to justify it.

Soldato
Bought Diablo III on Friday evening. Having played Diablo I and II around 15 years ago (!) and Diablo II being one of my favourite games, I have to say, that so far, Diablo III is really good! Only slight disappointment is how easy it is. I thought it would get harder, as I went for a Crusader, and usually melee classes are easy to start with in most games, but it is still very very easy. My health will only when doing bosses go anywhere below 90%. I can just tank through everything plus can do crazy damage! I'm on Act II now, I suspect close to the finish.

Mind you, I did start on "regular" difficulty, so perhaps I should have opted for the one above, but I have created a "seasonal" character, and when I tried it said I can't change the difficulty now :/ .

Pretty sure you can change it, it's part of D3 to constantly push yourself by bumping the difficulty and increasing your characters strength to cope with the new challenge. Do it from the main menu before entering the game. I think it only let's you bump it down while in game (could be wrong)

Also increasing the difficulty increases your rewards. Higher XP and Gold earned percentage :)

Associate

There's 12+ difficulties so going regular is like easy easy easy mode it gets much harder once you go to torment XII

Man of Honour

The game doesn't start until you start playing on the torment level of difficulty.

Man of Honour
There's a new update out:
Improvements Included in Version 8.0.0 (Distributed 04/15/2019)
Added the following system functionality:

• A Sort Software feature is available after selecting to view All Software from the HOME Menu
    • Software can be sorted by time last played, total play time, software title, and software publisher
    • The All Software option displays when there are 13 or more software icons on the HOME Menu
  • A View All Available News option is available within News, allowing you to view all news items currently being distributed
    • Go to News > Channel List > View More
  • Select from 15 new icons from the Splatoon™ 2 and Yoshi’s Crafted World™ games for your user
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the HOME Menu > Profile
  • A feature to Transfer Your Save Data is now available, allowing you to transfer your save data for individual games between your Nintendo Switch systems
    • Go to System Settings > Data Management > Transfer Your Save Data
    • Save data will not remain on your source system after the transfer process completes
  • A Zoom feature can be enabled from within System Settings
    • Go to System Settings > System to turn Zoom ON
    • Once enabled, you can use the Zoom feature by pressing the HOME Button twice
  • An option is available to prevent the system from waking from Sleep Mode when an AC adapter is disconnected
    • Go to System Settings > Sleep Mode > Wake When AC Adapter is Disconnected
    • This also applies when undocking your console
  • A VR Mode (3D Visuals) restriction is available within Parental Controls
    • This will also be available in the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app through a later update
    • Go to System Settings > Parental Controls
    • These settings can also be changed from within Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit
  • Hong Kong / Taiwan / South Korea is available for selection in Region
    • Go to System Settings > System > Region
  • The following names have been changed (functionality remains the same)
    • Save Data Cloud Backup > Save Data Cloud
    • Transfer Your User and Save Data > Transfer Your User Data
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

Personally blocking the wake from sleep when removing AC power is the most useful feature.

Edit: There are also a number of undocumented changes such as pressing left at the software list to view all software instead of always scrolling all the way to the right.

Last edited:
Associate
Thinking of picking up Starlink Battle for Atlas, on the Russian store it's only £16, anyone know if it's ok to get it from there?

eshop prices website says this: This game has different versions between regions. It may indicate that stores do not include the same content, like available languages for example. Please be careful before buying from a different region than yours.

Back
Top Bottom