When would you use EK-RES X3 - Internal Tube

Associate
Stupid question maybe but can you explain why you would use EK-RES X3 - Internal Tube 12/16 40mm

From OC page
EK-RES X3 - Internal Tube 12/16 40mm is an upgrade tube for EK-RES X3 - Multiport TOP which further expands the use of EK-RES X3 series reservoirs. These tubes, which are sealed with quality NBR rubber gasket, allow the ports on EK-RES X3 - Multiport TOP to be used as an outlet (suction) ports as well.

I just want to understand what this tube does

Soldato
You screw them internally inside the reservoir to a top port. This is so you can then use this port as a return if desired.

Without it the returned liquid would just splash around as there is an air gap. Creating a lot of air and noise.

Basically the difference between filling a bucket with a hosepipe mid air or installing the hosepipe into the water first and then switching on.

Associate
OP
You screw them internally inside the reservoir to a top port. This is so you can then use this port as a return if desired.

Without it the returned liquid would just splash around as there is an air gap. Creating a lot of air and noise.

Basically the difference between filling a bucket with a hosepipe mid air or installing the hosepipe into the water first and then switching on.
So if I was returning from the radiator I could go directly into the top port

Soldato
Ahh makes sense I'm think this would be good, how is the tube connected to the top what secures it

It just threads in and is sealed with an o-ring on the tube.

Diagram on the top.
ek-water-blocks-ek-res-x3-internal-tube-1216-40mm-waek-842-47515-3.jpg

Man of Honour
I stuck one of these on the inlet of my XSPC Photon 270 as it was sucking the water out which had just come in. That meant that it was terrible to bleed because it kept sucking the air back through the loop. I cut a neat hole in the baffle in the bottom of the Photon so the tube comes up into the reservoir itself and was a cheap fix for that problem.

Back
Top Bottom