H50 with AM4 Socket

Associate
Hey folks so I have my old H50 that's currently sitting around not doing much so thought may as well put it to go use I've ordered the AM4 retention bracket from Corsair plus some Thermal grizzly and arctic clean from ocuk. :)

Anyone used this combination before on a socket AM4 chip wondering how the performance will be?

Currently running my 1700 at stock speeds and hit a max of 58c on the stock wraith spire hoping to hit 3.7/3.8 with a max temp of 65c should be doable :)

Associate
I have on old H60 on a Ryzen 2600 (running at 4GHz), so not a direct comparison with your setup, but the H60's cooling ability is definitely enough for my needs. Ran prime 95 for 36hrs without any errors and temperatures didn't exceed 70 degrees Celsius on any of the CPU cores.

For your case, my guess would be that the H50 should perform better than the wraith spire cooler. Definitely worth trying the swap to see how it compares. Be careful on VRM teperatures when using an AIO cooler though, as you will no longer benefit from the airflow over the VRM heat sinks provided by the wraith spire's top down cooling.

Back
Top Bottom