Upgrading to 960gb Corsair MP510 NVME?

Associate
Hey there folks just wondering if anyone has experience with the above ssd I currently have a 960 EVO 500gb but only have about 50gb left as games are getting so big these days and looking at upgrading after I sell my 960 and some DDR3 ram I have will only cost me 20ish pounds to upgrade?

Man of Honour
yes it's worth it. ssds do not like to be run at capacity as their garbage collection algorithms cannot work at optimum capacity, so more than likely your current 500gb ssd is actually running slower than it would otherwise been advertised at.
so getting a larger ssd would be preferable.
just fyi that for gaming loads, nvme doesn't give any meaningful real-world gains compared to a cheaper sata3 ssd.

Soldato
as above, few games take advantage of NVMe .... my fav game being 3D Mark loves it ! and recently found battletech favours them due to looooong loading times and executing AI turns with a fast core .

if you can afford it and get it at a good price then top job

another line of though would be getting 1tb sata ssd and keeping your nvme drive as it is - move files across

Soldato
Can you not get a 250Gb NVMe and just have Windows on it and use your 500Gb SSD as a games drive?

I currently have a NVMe boot drive and WD Green 1Tb (mechanical) as my steam drive, not noticed any huge detriment but as soon as I do it'll get swapped.

Back
Top Bottom