Huel

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I'm using Huel but for the opposite effect - using it as a weight gain tool, and it works very well.

Can definitely say a full bottle of the stuff fills me up nicely, and I usually have quite a large appetite! So should do what you want it to do.

Does some very odd things with my gut though... Be warned.

Associate
Does it really fill you up? Been thinking about trying it from a weight loss perspective

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now, while I wouldn't say it gives me a full feeling, it certainly leaves me feeling satisfied and I don't have any cravings, I'm sure it will vary from person to person though.

Soldato
I've been using it for about 2 weeks now, while I wouldn't say it gives me a full feeling, it certainly leaves me feeling satisfied and I don't have any cravings, I'm sure it will vary from person to person though.
My main craving is sugar. I am desperately trying to change my diet to stop the sugar cravings. I might give the ready made drinks a go to see what they taste like.

Associate
My main craving is sugar. I am desperately trying to change my diet to stop the sugar cravings. I might give the ready made drinks a go to see what they taste like.

Same as me, I take one to work every day, and I either have something small for breakfast and then have the huel shake for lunch and that sees me through until I get home, or I have huel for breakfast and make a sandwich for lunch. I already made fruit smoothies with things like frozen berry's, yoghurt, chia seeds and almond milk which I'd have for breakfast but I always found myself not being satisfied once I'd had that and my lunch, so by 2-3 I'd usually buy a sausage roll or something from Greggs, but I do feel more satisfied now on huel I'm also trying to eat less bread which I need to work on.

Last edited:
Associate
Any recommendations on flavours? I've had the berry and vanilla and I much preferred the vanilla one. Is the mint and chocolate one any good? Also I assume the coffee one isn't bad?

Big fan of mint choc, but I mix 1 scoop of that with 1 scoop of unflavoured and add a banana. I find it delicious and not overly synthetically sweet

Soldato
I've got an almost full packet of Huel v2.3, 1.5kg+, which I am not going to use as I didn't warm up to it. It's best before May 2019, so if anyone wants it for just a couple of quid to cover postage, it's theirs. Can't send till next week though.

Soldato
I didn't like the mint one, found it too minty :D but I love mint choc ice cream and mint chocolates like After Eight, but seemingly don't like minty drinks (tried mint tea, don't like that either). I'll order the chocolate one soon.

I've got an almost full packet of Huel v2.3, 1.5kg+, which I am not going to use as I didn't warm up to it. It's best before May 2019, so if anyone wants it for just a couple of quid to cover postage, it's theirs. Can't send till next week though.

Which flavour? I'll take it, thanks :)

Associate
I've been on it for a couple of years! Typically Mon-Friday B'fast and Lunch - 100g plus a scoop of protein powder to make it up to circa 500 cals each. Great way to get nutritious calories in.

Soldato
I didn't like the mint one, found it too minty :D but I love mint choc ice cream and mint chocolates like After Eight, but seemingly don't like minty drinks (tried mint tea, don't like that either).

gluten or gluten free? i love the gluten free one, tastes just like mint choc chip as you say. the gluten one i didnt like, tastes different. i found tastes a lot more like that artificial sweetener kind of taste to it.

Soldato
gluten or gluten free? i love the gluten free one, tastes just like mint choc chip as you say. the gluten one i didnt like, tastes different. i found tastes a lot more like that artificial sweetener kind of taste to it.

I have the normal gluten one. I don't want to buy it in case I don't like it, I don't think I'd be consuming that much of a mint one even if I did like it though. I think the reason I can have a lot of Original/Berry without getting too bored is that it's not that strong in taste so it doesn't get a bit 'much'.

Soldato
I’ve been having this for lunch for quite a while now. I made an expensive mistake and ordered a batch of their new ready to drink bottles to give it a go. So much nicer. Sweeter, smoother (even compared to the powder after a good run through the blender) and more convenient.

My lazy lunch just got lazier and my monthly huel bill has just increased somewhat!

Soldato
I’ve been having this for lunch for quite a while now. I made an expensive mistake and ordered a batch of their new ready to drink bottles to give it a go. So much nicer. Sweeter, smoother (even compared to the powder after a good run through the blender) and more convenient.

My lazy lunch just got lazier and my monthly huel bill has just increased somewhat!
I found the bottles the same as the way i make Huel, blended and left for 12 hours in the fridge just as smooth as the bottles then.

Soldato
Huel's been the majority of my food for almost 3 years now. Maybe more. I've used it to bulk and to cut and genuinely wouldn't know what to do without it. Basic rules - always blend and always serve cold. Either with ice cubes/frozen fruit, or leave in the fridge for a good few hours - the latter being better as it thickens up and tastes better. Calorie for calorie there is nothing more filling. Porridge, eggs - nothing touches Huel for feeling full or making cutting less unpleasant (it still sucks). It's also great for bulking as it's far easier to neck 650 calories of Huel when full than a healthy meal of chicken and greens etc.

Associate
I've been using the mint choc chip for a couple of weeks now, i feel like its lacking somewhat with the flavour.
The bad gas seems to have subsided now, but I'm feeling less satisfied than I was, and feeling like I really need to eat something aswell. I started off by feeling like I was full and satisfied and that I didn't need to eat anything, but now i've lost that feeling.
I'll drink the mix over the course of an hour or 2, then half an hour later I will feel like I need to eat, so i'll eat my packed lunch, usually a ham sandwich, then after I've had that, I can go all afternoon until early evening without feeling like I need to eat.
Anyone else had this?

Caporegime
*BUMP*

If anyone has got a referral code, they can give it to me. :p I'm thinking of trying out the Huel Black. It sounds interesting. Could be just the ticket for breakfast after my morning jog.

EDIT: Thanks to @Shadowness for a code.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom