Help pls, Corsair H100x and 2080ti Strix too close together?

Associate
Hi, I have a Silverstone Raven 01 case, the only place I could mount the radiator was at the back, not much space between the 3 fans of the gpu and cooler fans, facing eachother. Is this a problem or will it be fine?

See pic

Thnx

IMG-1138.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
but there's no vent in the back of the case so idk what to do? There's a fan at the top blowing out air. It's a pretty big case but that's the only play I could fit the rad.

Soldato
You will be dumping a lot of the heat from your radiator (CPU I assume) directly into the graphics card's heatsink.

Would it be possible to set the radiator up as exhaust and try to feed extra air towards the gap between card and radiator? It's not ideal to be honest.

Edit: I see that'd the plan. Is there no front intake space? Two front intake fans would help supply fresh air for the components. That, or relocating the radiator. I'd be surprised if you have a case with bottom double slot but nothing else.

Man of Honour
Isn't the rear panel of the Raven 01 mainly solid with only some small ventilation holes at the top? If so that radiator is not running as it should and is basically just recirculating warm air. The only way a 360mm radiator works on that case is to remove the rear cover and hang the radiator outside the case although that won't work with your H100x baecause you can't thread the hoses through the two rubber grommets at the top of the rear panel. That's a terrible case for watercooling without a lot of modding and I think you would be better off removing the H100x and fitting a decent air cooler that will work as intended. You will probably have better cpu temps and definately have better gpu temps.

Caporegime
Just looked at the pics. That's a terrible case for watercooling!

Doesn't really matter how you put the fans they're just going to be circulating warm air.

If temps are fine do whatever works. But as above, either go air cooling or choose a better case if temps are an issue.

Soldato
Isn't the rear panel of the Raven 01 mainly solid with only some small ventilation holes at the top?
Yes, once the rear panel is removed you would still need to apply some major dremel modification to generate any significant airflow. It's an oddly designed case considering the options they could have had for airflow - i think looks over practical use was the driving force of the design - no matter how many grommets they put in.

As @pastymuncher, mentioned, a quality air cooler would probably see all your respective components benefit from the swap.

EDIT: @Minstadave sums up well.

Soldato
I had this same thing in my case, I ended up having the RAD so that one set of 120mm fans (push/pull) was pulling in cold and the other was pushing out warm air. Seemed to help with mine even if it's a weird thing to do lol :)

Meant half the RAD at least gets cool air.

/edit like this... lol

GCWJeCN.jpg

/edit in yours I guess I'd have the bottom half of the rad pulling in cool air and the top half exhausting warm air so that you're not just sucking the warm air straight back in.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just looked at the pics. That's a terrible case for watercooling!

Doesn't really matter how you put the fans they're just going to be circulating warm air.

If temps are fine do whatever works. But as above, either go air cooling or choose a better case if temps are an issue.

It's a H100x Corsair cooler

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom