What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
I always go for the bungs as any crash that would cause the bike to flip with them (the bike going off the road) will cause a lot of damage either way, but at least they protect from low speed drops and slides.

I can confirm (2 times) that the bungs work well for slides on the road/on gravel :p

To be fair, they were great on my R1 - dropped the bike on my leg, and they took most of the weight, and saved the side from almost all damage - save for scuffs to the bungs, and bar end weight.

I'll get around to fitting a set at some point :D

Associate
It's a top heavy sod too, but does suit my long legs. I had the opposite issue when it was in for service last year, they gave me the Tiger 800 Xrx LOW! Sure they did it on purpose :D

VBN

VBN

Associate
Finally out for a good run, after lots of winter tinkering and a brand new period SS2R just needs a run on the Dyno for a bit of top end tweaking. Not a bad looker for 28 years

9vMsoMx.jpg
tHgw5dc.jpg

Caporegime
Holy crap, without even reading your post and simply gawking at your bike I thought to myself "that's awesome, 90s bike with a 90s can, photo taken with what looks like a 90s camera too"

Epic stuff :D

Soldato
Took advantage of the great weather, and had a run out to the Brecons

40710493543_51f2c71bca_b.jpg

46760848525_56536e221f_b.jpg

47676851451_3b671810ee_b.jpg

47676851571_2f7e9e6ace_b.jpg

32733873027_3b62e5467b_b.jpg

46760848295_98f5d72b10_b.jpg

Lovely :D

Soldato
Found a fuel leak was mixing with my oil leak. Fuel leak was the line from the tap to the filter. it just wouldnt seem to form a seal around the filter....bodged it with flange sealant and left it overnight which seems to have worked. Oil leak also fixed now. Had to replace the seal on the gear shift, which was probably one of the easier jobs I've done on the bike. I really was waiting for a bolt to sheer or the bike to dump all the oil when I took the seal out

Man of Honour
Went back to riding my Blackbird, the SV will now be sold off cheap as it's no longer economical to spend the money on valve check/headstock bearing/CCTs/new front tyre/all round swingarm and linkage bearing refresh.

Had a new set of Angel STs fitted this morning, ripped out the oem Honda internal bar weights so I can fit my oberon heavy bar ends, glued the clutch side heated grip back down as it was starting to move, installed 6mm spacer on the shock to improve turn in and refitted about 8 trim clips that the previous owner had just left as empty holes. I've got a set of Black Widow cans to go on and I'm having the stock shock rebuilt for my weight and riding style for £130.

Decided to treat it to a tank of V power as it's been sat since last summer and nearly crapped myself when I seen the price of a full tank. £28 :eek: I've never paid over £20 I don't think to fill the tank at a non M way station I didn't notice it was the best part of £1.40 a litre until I'd started filling and the bird has a little over 20l tank.

Soldato
Run to Inveraray and back down to the Green Welly at Tyndrum today with the Biker Social Scotland mob. Great ride out - Over 50 members turned up. Awesome. The auld girl still can hustle down the roads. :D Triumph test ride day at Tyndrum - loved the Thruxton R, might have to think about buying one now.

ocuk1.jpg

ocuk2.jpg

ocuk3.jpg

ocuk4.jpg

ocuk5.jpg

Soldato
Worked on the brakes on Thursday last week. They were squealing at low speed braking. Put copper grease on one side, primed the brakes then moved to the other side and applied the grease again. then moved on to tension cam chain and proceeded to ride it from the back garden down my alley to listen to the cam chain.

It was only at the end of the alley I pulled the brakes and realised I hadn't primed the brakes a 2nd time....I then rode the bike through my locked side gate at about 15 mph stopping half way down by drive.

Most importantly the bike doesn't have a mark on it. I however cut my head, skinned my knuckles and bruised all my fingers on my left hand and whacked my left knee.

The gate door had to be rebuilt using pallet wood as the supports holding the hinges just burst into splinters.

Doubt I'll be doing that again! :D

Man of Honour
Worked on the brakes on Thursday last week. They were squealing at low speed braking. Put copper grease on one side, primed the brakes then moved to the other side and applied the grease again. then moved on to tension cam chain and proceeded to ride it from the back garden down my alley to listen to the cam chain.

It was only at the end of the alley I pulled the brakes and realised I hadn't primed the brakes a 2nd time....I then rode the bike through my locked side gate at about 15 mph stopping half way down by drive.

Most importantly the bike doesn't have a mark on it. I however cut my head, skinned my knuckles and bruised all my fingers on my left hand and whacked my left knee.

The gate door had to be rebuilt using pallet wood as the supports holding the hinges just burst into splinters.

Doubt I'll be doing that again! :D

We've all done similar things :D at least you weren't rolling into a busy junction :eek:

Man of Honour
Fitted new bar ends, fitted new cans and adjusted the chain tonight. Shake down ride to work tomorrow before a ride down to the south coast for a wedding on Friday.

UzypL5Dso34WfIEMCwfjYsEONwtgFizk_Cem_MBI2jdQ924l-D1SZLDJT6KJ9RqKPlmDJYu0tN57kpc06JKBgwtMXCXMPEF4PHB6Fs5wvoh9Q83Tv-3boZjGDnQMUUkPKWMbeWkJLZwQkiehxD2UgdFO5i3vKbyORscItTG0gChmwZwONnaX_kTvIqKf_53cHSNviUuwB2j_aIwdOv7T01JyBAWlj6XGuzxMRARE5ORveNmti1MV_aGCEbJZNRaeeoa0CBGoflcfc3tpqKVTBBkDEqAM9cRCNmIW4yple8fqrEKQD05nogWh6HMAa6ugkk3-811_5irpxJOJw75l0Ilkb3-h538gFUzWSZs9xw6ILBXkGU8Juix1IXYtVjfDE9G9nNZ1MKt5n_2JvQ657-Vcjk0gIPusyAWVd4ee0OWMj8AkS8F87BQnN5zHodOWn1cbuPKZs1INHUOq5qpj2pz92iyiocA0ulNtTcVlC_2Wzre__5HyxtQ9FjaVgQ9_w8DkSkg79C-fA18wFjnYZJzvLqNHgizSqvRlgPCrXB1f0IWO3uItSDVlN8KIw6t7SFJ8BCznZ0E_p0d7CGJm9fxyOhEbZVNb3N7QKhnNgYeLcX7YDSuX_rzwSks0PVy6DtarwFmzhbW6bC8-wRO7PeTHTwyCA2R1vsXZDWzJ0ehjNxYghldqZJZ-8C5BYY6z5z_BBIfZ7xw3cZrfN8OheNh86g=w744-h558-no

Man of Honour
All good nothing fell off, although it does need a new battery had to use my lithium jump pack to wake it up this morning.

Feels much better with new rubber and the 6mm spacer on top of the shock. Also doesn't rattle like a bag of bolts anymore after fitting the missing trim clips.

Back
Top Bottom