B450M DS3H no display (new rig)

Associate
So building a new rig and this is what I had to start with:

GIGABYTE B450M DS3H

AMD RYZEN 3 2200G

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 3200 (2X 8GB)

SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 570 4GB

first boot up had no displays, tried different set ups such as 1 ram stick, only on board gfx etc no luck. Realised the ram sticks weren't part of supported list so bought the HyperX version that was on the list and tried the same different set ups and I still have no display.

Should I resign to it being a bad mobo and get a replacement?

Alternatively, could it be the monitor? I got the Acer KG221Q but have also had my original Sony monitor and had no luck on either.

Associate
It's very likely a faulty motherboard at this point. If you have made double sure that all the power connectors are properly seated ie. 2x4pin and 24pin, as well as checking the cpu than that's the next thing I would try..

Associate
OP
I took the cpu out to check if any were bent, I have checked cables, the mobo itself seems to power up fine and every other component seems to power up fine too
Thanks for help, I guess I just need to replace mobo to check

Permabanned
I have a B450M MSI with an 8Gb stick. On first install the PC would not boot up. I had the ram stick in the slot closest to the CPU. i tried the second slot and it booted but prompted a message saying it was in the wrong slot.

Have you tried one stick in each slot?

Soldato
if board is brand new and under 14 days should be swapped with a brand new one .

forum rep from Gigabyte on here if needs be as well .

since you've got a 2200G. unplug the GPU and try the Onboard iGPU and connect to the mother board only - see how you get on ?

Associate
OP
Hi all,

just to say that it has been fixed. I got a Asrock B450M pro 4 instead and the rig is up and running! Just a bad Mobo (not the first time i've had 1 but it's been a while)

Thanks to all for your help.

Back
Top Bottom