LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

These screens are fragile and Kyle didn't handle and unboxed this monitor with that much care to be perfectly honest.
You are meant to slide them out of the box face down on the supplied support, attach the stand and gently lift it into place via the stand.

His video is how not to handle a monitor.

Soldato
So I'm still getting this;

F7NCefk.jpg

After further testing, this only seems to happen on cold boot and goes away after turning the screen off for 10 seconds or so. After that, it never returns no matter how much I reboot my PC or turn the screen on and off again. It will happen if the PC is off for an extended length of time, then rinse repeat and I'm back to ok. I've left the screen on for 10+ hours looping in a demo and it's fine.

I dunno what to do to be honest. On the one hand I really should return it - when paying over £1000 this is not really acceptable. On the other hand, the screen is otherwise perfect, very minimal bleed and no dead pixels. I may not be so lucky with my replacement & I've got 2 years to wait to see if it gets worse...

@Daniel - LG - any suggestions? Is this likely to get worse in your experience or will it stay like this?

Edit: Just looked, these only come with a 1 year warranty according to the LG site, but on OCUK it says 2 ... /confused

Last edited:
Associate

F7NCefk.jpg

After further testing, this only seems to happen on cold boot and goes away after turning the screen off for 10 seconds or so. After that, it never returns no matter how much I reboot my PC or turn the screen on and off again. It will happen if the PC is off for an extended length of time, then rinse repeat and I'm back to ok. I've left the screen on for 10+ hours looping in a demo and it's fine.

I dunno what to do to be honest. On the one hand I really should return it - when paying over £1000 this is not really acceptable. On the other hand, the screen is otherwise perfect, very minimal bleed and no dead pixels. I may not be so lucky with my replacement & I've got 2 years to wait to see if it gets worse...

@Daniel - LG - any suggestions? Is this likely to get worse in your experience or will it stay like this?

Edit: Just looked, these only come with a 1 year warranty according to the LG site, but on OCUK it says 2 ... /confused

Definitely send it back, shame so many have had issues and are left with not knowing when a replacement is coming :/

Associate

Seems like an issue on the internal circuit board somewhere. Had something similar on my Dell 3008 that very slowly got worse over time (talking years here). I'd replace it if I was you. You can always report the fault and maybe arrange to send it back when a stock permits a replacement?

Soldato

F7NCefk.jpg

I had that issue with a LG 1080p ultrawide once. If i tried to remove some of the pressure from the housing at the bottom where the green line exits it would go away. Still not acceptable by any means.

Soldato
Yeah, just sent a webnote now. Hoping I can keep it until they get stock back in and they'll reserve me one so at least I can use my PC and get a quick turn around on a replacement.

It's such a great screen too :(

Associate

F7NCefk.jpg

I’ve had the same half dozen times since I got the screen. Switch off and it goes away.

Associate
These screens are fragile and Kyle didn't handle and unboxed this monitor with that much care to be perfectly honest.
You are meant to slide them out of the box face down on the supplied support, attach the stand and gently lift it into place via the stand.

His video is how not to handle a monitor.

I might of agreed with you f one of the guys here hadnt had exactly the same issue with theirs as Kyle did in his video.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think HDR on anything but a FALD or OLED is still just a Marketting gimmick.

HDR on my FALD Panasonic 902b still sometimes looks a bit crap dependent on the source. The last thing which left me mesmerized was any content mastered by Sony. Everyone else seems to be a bit meh about HDR. God of War for example wears a phenomenal experience.

I'm undecided now whether to get this or the Alienware. The Alienware seems to look nicer from the outside but its lacking about 20 to 44hz right? Any other reasons to not go to alienware?

Associate
got the F model yesterday, coming from the AW3418DW. kinda concerned about the relatively high glow and bleed in lower and upper left corner - even at 26 brightness/65 contrast - damn that thing is bright AF (only had minor bleed in the lower right on the alienware.

i love how bright it is, love the wider gamut and higher refresh than the alienware. just not sure about the glow/bleed, i don't see it under normal conditions, but in darker games/movies, you know....what was seen, cannot be unseen. dammit.

@Baddass if i send you a photo of the bleed with the specs (aperture, ISO, etc) could you tell me your opinion, if it's too excessive?

Soldato
got the F model yesterday, coming from the AW3418DW. kinda concerned about the relatively high glow and bleed in lower and upper left corner - even at 26 brightness/65 contrast - damn that thing is bright AF (only had minor bleed in the lower right on the alienware.

i love how bright it is, love the wider gamut and higher refresh than the alienware. just not sure about the glow/bleed, i don't see it under normal conditions, but in darker games/movies, you know....what was seen, cannot be unseen. dammit.

@Baddass if i send you a photo of the bleed with the specs (aperture, ISO, etc) could you tell me your opinion, if it's too excessive?

Wheres your alienware going? ;)

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP

Interesting that you can tell the difference between 120 and 144 Hz refresh... something I always wondered about.

Associate
I should be receiving my 'F' model next week, I sure hope this ones turns up and that it's a golden example of what the screen should be like. nervous and excited.

Back
Top Bottom