Sim Racing setup - Help

Associate
OP
Update - I decided to jump straight in and went with the Fanatec V2.5, V3 pedals and Porsche 918 rim. I know I didn't need to start with this level of kit but really happy with it all so far and it's working surprisingly well with the desk.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Is there a Sim setup thread on the forums? I'm new to the genre too and whilst being a driving game veteran, have only really ever done it on crap wheels or controllers.

Grabbed a cheap t300 recently with a view to upgrade it over time and whilst it's a great entry point to get my practice in, I'm looking at options for a full setup so that would be useful.

GT planet has some good info but I prefer posting on here. :)

Soldato
Is there a Sim setup thread on the forums? I'm new to the genre too and whilst being a driving game veteran, have only really ever done it on crap wheels or controllers.

Grabbed a cheap t300 recently with a view to upgrade it over time and whilst it's a great entry point to get my practice in, I'm looking at options for a full setup so that would be useful.

GT planet has some good info but I prefer posting on here. :)
https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/ is a great place to start.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Cheers guys. I'm working with space restrictions too so my idea is a good wheelstand and I'll make a seat stand that can be easily disassembled from the wheel stand and stowed away when not in use. Just doesn't seem to be an option for a seat base which can do that easily where you can choose your own seat. I will post some progress on here when it comes into fruition..

Soldato
I had just a wheel stand pro and an office chair for years, raced to an ok level on iracing with that as well. The biggest space save when getting a full rig is VR. Without the need for monitors you can put it right in the corner of a room and it's surprising how little space it takes up.

Back
Top Bottom