Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)

Soldato
I'll be waiting for this after getting burned on Anthem.

Feeling odd that they've announced no micro transactions etc they've got to have found a way to double dip another way.

Soldato
They're approaching the half way point of their deal with Disney, if they haven't already. I would be very surprised if there wasn't a clause to pull the plug based on poor performance or at least some more oversight. With any luck this will be the start of some decent star wars games!

Soldato
They're approaching the half way point of their deal with Disney, if they haven't already. I would be very surprised if there wasn't a clause to pull the plug based on poor performance or at least some more oversight. With any luck this will be the start of some decent star wars games!

Yeah. There were rumours that Disney had a crisis meeting(s) with EA officials over the Battlefront 2 debacle where the Star Wars licence was very nearly pulled. I bet some serious promises have had to be made re. Jedi: Fallen Order.

Soldato
OP
I see Amy Hennig was just interviewed in Eurogamer. She says microtransactions etc were most definitely part of the plan when Visceral were working on their SW title, although that's a couple of years ago. She also reckons Zampella has more sway with EA.

Associate
Seems interesting but really uninspired character design. I know its about hiding and fitting into the world and stuff but I would have liked to see someone with a bit more character, or possibly an alien species for a change like Twi'lek or Togruta.

Still long for another KotOR type Star Wars game because the story in this will always be limited by events of the movies.
I believe bioware have own the Kotor series which is why we will never see another Kotor game again since EA own the rights to star wars :/

Soldato
They confirmed no loot boxes, no MP, just good old story based SP, which makes some of the 'DURKA DURRRRR!!' comments in this thread quite amusing.

Associate
I don't care what EA say, there is no way in hell i am pre-ordering this after getting stung with SWBF2.

Won't lie tho, I am a little bit excited. Loved Titanfall 2. Hope good guy Respawn draws Aces.

Caporegime
They confirmed no loot boxes, no MP, just good old story based SP, which makes some of the 'DURKA DURRRRR!!' comments in this thread quite amusing.

What's amusing is that EA have to use "no loot boxes" as some sort of positive marketing, it shows what a **** stain they are on gaming.

Let's wait and see what state the game is released in.

Last edited:
Soldato

It's not like EA came out before BF2 and told everyone about the loot boxes, pay to win, grind designed to make you spend more money, etc. It's EA for god's sake! We should have all learned by now to wait for the game to arrive before counting any unhatched chickens.

EA are a marketing-led company that thinks they can sell anything as long as they market it well enough. They've had no reason to change their ways because marketing consistently gets people excited and they hand over their cash in pre-orders no matter what. This won't change until paying customers change the way they consistently reward game publishers for pulling dodgy tactics over and over again.

Soldato
Before we all write the game off purely for being EA consider that if they are being honest about the game not being riddled with all the nonsense and if it does end up being a decent non-greedy game then we should really get behind it as strongly as possible... not with pre-orders!!... but simply with purchases after the game has launched - ideally you want to send a message that a good game without all of that stuff will be a mega-hit, because that's what these companies understand... if it comes out and doesn't sell that well then they get the message that "single player is dead", "players want microtransactions" etc. and can basically draw and justify whatever conclusions they want

Associate
Before we all write the game off purely for being EA consider that if they are being honest about the game not being riddled with all the nonsense and if it does end up being a decent non-greedy game then we should really get behind it as strongly as possible... not with pre-orders!!... but simply with purchases after the game has launched - ideally you want to send a message that a good game without all of that stuff will be a mega-hit, because that's what these companies understand... if it comes out and doesn't sell that well then they get the message that "single player is dead", "players want microtransactions" etc. and can basically draw and justify whatever conclusions they want

Thats a lot of 'ifs' when you consider the words, EA and Star Wars in the same sentence! :)

Soldato
It's not like EA came out before BF2 and told everyone about the loot boxes, pay to win, grind designed to make you spend more money, etc. It's EA for god's sake! We should have all learned by now to wait for the game to arrive before counting any unhatched chickens.

EA are a marketing-led company that thinks they can sell anything as long as they market it well enough. They've had no reason to change their ways because marketing consistently gets people excited and they hand over their cash in pre-orders no matter what. This won't change until paying customers change the way they consistently reward game publishers for pulling dodgy tactics over and over again.

Sorry to break this to you but EA did not invent loot boxes. And it seems to me you're a bit picky in regards to condemning loot boxes and greedy practices. Steam has peddled garbage in each player's inventory since its inception. Loot boxes are ever present on Dota 2 and CS:GO and they spent years turning a blind eye to gambling on CS:GO. I could go on but "STEAM GOOD, EA BAD!!11" right?

As for pre-orders, everyone does it, even indies. Why do you blame EA for something that happens across the market?

Yes, and then they forced BioWare to release Anthem early despite it being an unfinished and bug addled mess.

EA didn't force anyone to do anything, BioWare has simply been a mediocre developer for years now. Dragon Age 2, Inquisition, Mass Effect 3, Andromeda, an MMO, a bunch of canceled games and now Anthem, after 6 years of reboots. You can't blame EA when their other star developer, Respawn, is releasing increasingly better (and significantly more successful) games in the same time frame.

Back
Top Bottom