Favourite music in a game

Soldato
Yup, tried to remember something but I can't find a more perfectly realised OST in the last couple of years, though I do have some old favourites.

Soldato
Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 2 have tremendous soundtracks.

WipeOut 2097 was great also.

GTA was great for the time with all the different radio stations etc.

Sonic, Mario etc tunes still sound great - somehow aren't annoying there decades later!

This is probably one of those where questions where nostalgia plays a large part.

R-Type on the Atari ST for me in nostalgia terms

Associate
+1 !!!!

At the risk of dragging this thread more towards something fitting of the Retro subforum...

Lotus Turbo Challenge 2

I was beginning to think i might be the only person who played Lotus Turbo Challenge!! Classic Soundtrack!

Will add some others into the mix, mostly based on the fact they played music I loved at the time to be honest but there we go;

- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
- Dave Mirror BMX
- Gran Turismo 2
- GTA Vice City
- Burnout 3 Takedown
- SSX 3

Soldato
Kinda common but for me its the FFVII overworld theme and city of ancients. I generally think video game music goes underappreciated outside of gaming which is a shame really. TBH I think FFVII has one of the greatest musical compositions ever but thats just me.

From 3.40 really gets me quite emotional, it's like all those feelings from playing come back to you at once and tbh that makes me sad in a way.

Just find this piece very haunting especially what it was tied to in game.

Oh and something different, just very catchy:

Last edited:
Soldato
Destiny - End of the Line (Plays during the wave phase of The Devils Lair strike)

Nier: Automata Soundtrack

Halo Theme

Skyrim opening theme

GTA: Vice City Soundtrack of course..

:)

Back
Top Bottom