UEFA Champions League/Europa League 16/17/18 April *** Spoilers ***

Don
But thats only the last 12 months NOT the last 5 years of recruitment, otherwise they wouldnt have overtaken...
I asked the question regarding your claim that Utd are the richest club in the world because I'm not sure what measure you could use to make that claim, that's all. I stated that Barca's turnover was more than Utd's which you seemed to question while posting an article that proved I was right.

Caporegime
I asked the question regarding your claim that Utd are the richest club in the world because I'm not sure what measure you could use to make that claim, that's all. I stated that Barca's turnover was more than Utd's which you seemed to question while posting an article that proved I was right.

But not for the last 5 years, so my questionnis, over that time period why habe we recruited so badly?

Barca didnt buy 11 players since last feb and beitger did we.

Don
But not for the last 5 years, so my questionnis, over that time period why habe we recruited so badly?

Barca didnt buy 11 players since last feb and beitger did we.
I didn't comment on you point about recruitment, I asked how you were defining Utd as the richest club in the world because I couldn't think how you could decide they were.

Regarding Utd's recruitment, it's a consequence of having no long term plan. The club got complacent towards the end of Fergie's time at Utd when there was little competition for the top 4 spots. Since then all Utd have done is react to short-term results, ripping things up and starting again - the result being Utd have a mishmash squad of 4 managers with no idea where they're going.

Soldato
I didn't comment on you point about recruitment, I asked how you were defining Utd as the richest club in the world because I couldn't think how you could decide they were.

Regarding Utd's recruitment, it's a consequence of having no long term plan. The club got complacent towards the end of Fergie's time at Utd when there was little competition for the top 4 spots. Since then all Utd have done is react to short-term results, ripping things up and starting again - the result being Utd have a mishmash squad of 4 managers with no idea where they're going.
I agree it's mishmash they need to get a plan and stick to it but a lot Of the squad needs replacing especially the defence I'd keep Shaw and dalot and the rest can go

Man of Honour
Actually feel worse tonight than I have under any point during the Mourinho reign. Not because of Solskjaer, but just because of the last glimmer of hope disappearing that it was Mourinho causing the issue and actually our squad could do ok.

But no, our squad just needs a clear out. Other than De Gea, despite his mistake tonight, there isn’t a single player I’d be sad to see leave any more. Any of them can go and I couldn’t care less. Before, if Martial, Pogba and a couple of others left, I’d have been truly gutted. But they all have the same problem, their attitudes stink. Ability is there but they just don’t want to play, they want the lifestyle and football these days means they don’t even have to earn it any more, after one good contract signing.

I’m just beyond gutted.

I have tickets for the City game but I really can’t get excited about it, I just want a summer window to try and restore some positivity but with no director of football and Woodward at the helm, we’re screwed. Combine that with no CL football by the looks of it and we’re going to struggle to replace the crap we have now

Edit - I forgot Shaw, he may not be world class but he always gives 100% and is one of our better players these days

Back
Top Bottom