• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Associate
I just finished my first loop :)

It’s running sweet but as the gpu generally gets hotter than the cpu the cpu header control doesn’t seem appropriate. Is there an app that will monitor both cpu and cpu adjusting the fans accordingly?

Everything is EK

Haven’t had time to tweak much but dialled it to 1100mv and 2100hz right away and got 10005 graphics score in timespy
Max junction temp was 68degrees. What a difference!

Soldato

It’s running sweet but as the gpu generally gets hotter than the cpu the cpu header control doesn’t seem appropriate. Is there an app that will monitor both cpu and cpu adjusting the fans accordingly?

Everything is EK

Haven’t had time to tweak much but dialled it to 1100mv and 2100hz right away and got 10005 graphics score in timespy
Beautiful!
I would also like to know of this app as my fans are running on a 1,2 or 3 speed case controller currently for the gpu and the cpu has its own header, but tomorrow they will both be in the same loop and the same situation as you.

You got some pictures for us?

Soldato

Everything is EK

Run a firestrike ultra, and see if you get close to my score :)

Associate
Got yours set up yet @Chud_Jenny ?
In a word yes. BUT with having the system down for so long I decided to change the RAM. I'm currently in the middle of playing the 8 day game with a private seller on ebay, so all fun and games! Doesn't post in 3 motherboards on its 3200Mhz profile, all of which do 3200mhz all day long. The even worse part is this is B-Die too! (BLE2K16G4D32AEEA kit) So I've got a set of G.Skill on order.

A bit on the alphacool block, it's ok and looks nice. BUT it needs fast flow or the temps are poor. So my D5 has gone from speed 2 to 5!

Associate
In a word yes. BUT with having the system down for so long I decided to change the RAM. I'm currently in the middle of playing the 8 day game with a private seller on ebay, so all fun and games! Doesn't post in 3 motherboards on its 3200Mhz profile, all of which do 3200mhz all day long. The even worse part is this is B-Die too! (BLE2K16G4D32AEEA kit) So I've got a set of G.Skill on order.

A bit on the alphacool block, it's ok and looks nice. BUT it needs fast flow or the temps are poor. So my D5 has gone from speed 2 to 5!

Luckily I have a D5 which I normally run at 4. In other news mine shipped today!!! Being a long bank holiday weekend I'm unlikely to see it before the middle of next week though.

Only OK though?

Associate
Luckily I have a D5 which I normally run at 4. In other news mine shipped today!!! Being a long bank holiday weekend I'm unlikely to see it before the middle of next week though.

Only OK though?
I'm going to reorder the flow in my loop next week. The GPU is going to be first out of the D5 to get max flow and pressure. The one thing I'm not struck on is the crazy left turn the flow does coming into the block. May of been a legal thing to not copy the likes of EKWB maybe. I can't see it helping the flow though. So if you can I'd get into the GPU block straight out of your D5 to get the best results. It's just 9 screws to fit together, but the pads are all to cut and takes some time. It does look very nice though with the addressable RGB.

One very important thing to note! My block didn't come with a peel off stick for the package area (core and hbm). The nickel has a almost plasticky feel too. I used a blade to check there wasn't anything. So give it a really good looking over when it arrives!

Last edited:
Soldato
Gutted I've got a DDC pump and was really hoping this block was going to be good. :(
You never know, he could have seated it incorrectly or not tightly enough, or the thermal paste is incorrectly spread. Then again his setup might be restricting the flow to the card.
Don't take someones experience at face value of your own, yours might be great.

Is a DDC pump bad or weak? I don't understand ..

If after all it is a poor block, send it back and get a Bykski one, they are amazing and cheap and have a remote control for the rgb :)

Back
Top Bottom