Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Another fan of Hue here, as said buy it all in the sales and its not as bad. As for being too dim, I've got a strip on the back of my TV unit, its anything but too dim, I have to turn it to about 10% or its too overpowering.

I bought and installed a Nest Protect (wired) this weekend, replacing the old 'dumb' smoke alarm in the hallway. Will be getting a couple more for the bedrooms in time as well as the thermostat too.

bH9q2Ip.jpg

Probably doesn't apply but don't vape around these, vaping sets them off all the time.

Associate
Technically not purchased today, but fitted today... a new dual camera system on the bike.

A better spot at the back than the last one (on the number plate). Initial quality of the footage looks... average. Only a quick loop round the garage area so far though.

What camera is this and where the feed goes i.e. handlebar-mounted LCD of some sort?

Soldato
New chef toys for my kitchen, with the first rib eye steak currently being Sous vide cooked :D

46710885885_49a5f2fd62_b_d.jpg

Soldato
Sous vide is the best thing in the world. Ever. I love my Anova.
I've been cooking for 25 years and i've never really embraced it. I've used it in a couple of restaurants i've worked at but never really considered using it myself, so i thought it was about time i introduced it to my kitchen tool kit. I had my scotch fillet earler, cooked perfect medium rare and seared either side for about a minute. It looked great! I just need to find a good source of vac pac bags over here now :)

Caporegime
I've been cooking for 25 years and i've never really embraced it. I've used it in a couple of restaurants i've worked at but never really considered using it myself, so i thought it was about time i introduced it to my kitchen tool kit. I had my scotch fillet earler, cooked perfect medium rare and seared either side for about a minute. It looked great! I just need to find a good source of vac pac bags over here now :)

I bought a vacuum sealer from Lidl years ago, the rolls can be had quite cheap online, but a couple of weeks ago I made some nice steaks and ran out of roll so I simply used freezer bags in the ol' pot of water trick, worked a treat as well.

Try a blowtorch for marbling too if you want to go full Blumenthal.

Just whatever you do, don't fall in to the trap of precooking x amount for lunch / dinner and then when you run out simply cooking in the pan when you run out. That's why sous vide is generally quite pricey, because a good restaurant will overcook to make sure they meet supply and there can be quite a bit of wastage.

Your restaurant though, hope it's all going well :D

Caporegime
Yeah I was going to go down the gorilla tape route but saw Stans had a 30mm kit, which would save me trying to cut the tape to width.

A track pump? or a Compressor?

Track pump, I have a Bontrager Flash Charger.

I had to stop letting people borrow it, it was getting silly. It's so handy.

Back
Top Bottom