What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
I was disappointed with the Nun too. As you say it just wasn't scary and was a huge disappointment after i'd been looking forward to it.
I am not a big horror/thriller movie kind of person. But one I remembered and watched last night for fun was The Collector (2009) - excellent thriller flick, if you like that kind of thing.

Soldato
Heat - the definitive version on Amazon Prime.

Loved every minute.

How does this differ from the regular version, watched this many times since it came out but haven't seen the definitive version.

It's pretty much what I consider a perfect movie and inclined to give it a 10/10, absolutely love it.

Soldato
Reprisal - Awful, just awful. Take two actions stars (Bruce Willis and Frank Grillo), and stick them in a room together where they both look like they can't even be bothered = this film. Worst film I have seen since Sucker Punch.

Associate
How does this differ from the regular version, watched this many times since it came out but haven't seen the definitive version.

It's pretty much what I consider a perfect movie and inclined to give it a 10/10, absolutely love it.

I’ve just looked it up, it’s a new release off the back of a 4K remaster, with the same directors cut, so should look considerably better with a cleaner image, that offers more texture and an organic look.

It was only last year they showed it in cinemas for the 4K release, unfortunately I missed it, would have been awesome!

Soldato
I’ve just looked it up, it’s a new release off the back of a 4K remaster, with the same directors cut, so should look considerably better with a cleaner image, that offers more texture and an organic look.

It was only last year they showed it in cinemas for the 4K release, unfortunately I missed it, would have been awesome!

Ah ok, so no new content, just a better image. Good, i think it'd be a little jarring to see a film i know so well with sudden extra scenes.

Can't believe I missed the cinema re-release though :(

Associate

It was remastered in 4K back in 2017 but only released on standard Blu Ray. Not sure if the Amazon stream is in 4K (I watched it on my phone) but it was streaming on iTunes at 4K.

Still no sign of a 4K UHD disc release. That would be a day one purchase here. Maybe they're gonna do something for the 25th anniversary next year?

Soldato
Watched a film on sky called Time Trap not bad for a lower budget film with no big name actors. Kept me interested to the end.
The story is about a teacher that goes missing in some caves, a few students go looking and also end up in these caves only the caves have a kind of time dilation effect.

Well worth a watch.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The Upside (2017)

Went in knowing that it contained Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston but not much else. I understand that it's a remake of an older film but not having seen that I can't comment... either way it was pretty decent.

A lot of the gags are very much Hart's spiel but the dynamic between leads was great and there were some more sombre moments that got the mrs crying.

8/10

Caporegime
The Upside (2017)

Went in knowing that it contained Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston but not much else. I understand that it's a remake of an older film but not having seen that I can't comment... either way it was pretty decent.

A lot of the gags are very much Hart's spiel but the dynamic between leads was great and there were some more sombre moments that got the mrs crying.

8/10

From what I've read it's got nothing on the French version, which is one of my favourite movies.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

From what I've read it's got nothing on the French version, which is one of my favourite movies.
To be honest, that's probably more to do with film snobs trying to discredit this for being a remake than the quality of the film.

Soldato
Just watched Shazam, it wobbled quite a bit in the middle but by far (ignoring the Nolan Batman) best DC film. Kids loved it, my little girl was literally bouncing in her seat and shadow boxing at the end fight scene :D

Great effort and they nailed the feeling of the film.

Back
Top Bottom