Ibstock - what it like to live in?

Associate
Been looking at moving house and seen a few houses in ibstock, Leicester that seem nice.

Had a drive around the village seems nice. Anyone live there? What it like as a place to live?

Man of Honour
I used to live just down the road from Ibstock, and drive through it regularly. I think it's generally alright? I used to work with a few people who live there. The main road (the A447) is pretty busy at rush hour and you get youths (ha) collecting near the chip shop/convenience stores on a Friday night, but other than that I haven't seen any bother. Pretty well placed for the M42 and not too bad for the M1.

Heather is quite nice, just round the corner.

Soldato
My mum lives a couple of villages away from here. By all accounts it's not too bad. I drive through a couple of times a week during morning rush hour and compared to getting out of leicester before 8 am it's a breeze to drive through.
The village itself is fairly well self contained as far as local shops are concerned (it has a reasonably sized co-op, if that's your thing, the chippie next door to this ain't bad either), plus there's a post office and the like. Never heard of there being any trouble there, or much of a night life lol. It's a short hop to coaltown (coalville) for some of the larger supermarkets and stuff, plus a few more pubs, though the only one I've been in was the bitter & twisted, to be fair...

It's also for enough from the ***** camp at bagworth for that not to be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom