Red meat gives you cancer

Caporegime
If bacon is so evil, why do vegans still get cancer?

Is it because bacon isn't the cause of it and in fact its a genetic mutation and its cause is currently unknown?

I know this is just more mindless trolling, but cancer risks in vegans is 20% lower than in omnivores. And of course there are hundreds of types of cancer with thousands of different risk factors.

Soldato
When my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer years back she was told by every doctor to avoid red meat (bacon in particular) like the plague. Granted that's a slightly different situation to not having cancer and eating bacon but they give the advice because of the countless studies over many years which have linked bacon to cancer.

This isn't some new thing they have just made up to worry people.... it's something they've been saying for decades and to my knowledge have never budged on.
Well it's like telling some people that smoking can lead to cancer and they will point you so some 90 year old who has smoked all their life and is cancer free, in justification of their continuance.

The advice is there for people to take or ignore. At least they can't say that nobody told them, unlike the people back in the early 20th Century who smoked all their lives thinking it was a benign habit.

Soldato
The is not a cat in hells chance I would give up bacon or any red meat.

I smoke and drink every day, bacon and egg on toast, I eat beef or lamb at least once a week the rest is mainly fish.

Also I eat plenty of onions, garlic and chillies when making meals. The is loads of stuff I use try bacon and eggs on toast with a bit of worcester sauce. ;)

Soldato
If we weren't ingesting so much microplastic then we'd probably get away with a few bacon butties and what have you. :(

Soldato
bisphenol A (BPA) and phthalates

That's whats giving people cancer. No cancer no profit. I miss my local butchers but they all gone now am stuck with pre packed **** from asda or tescoe etc. :(

Associate
So in short (according to the article) "smoking, curing, or adding salt or preservatives" causes cancer.

From what I understand these have been common practices for 1000's of years. I assume that, if it is true, then it only has a very small effect.

Soldato
So in short (according to the article) "smoking, curing, or adding salt or preservatives" causes cancer.

From what I understand these have been common practices for 1000's of years. I assume that, if it is true, then it only has a very small effect.

Its the plastic when I was young all milk came in glass bottles and all meat fresh and wrapped in brown paper. I used to see sausages made in the butchers when my nan was buying them.

Used to have chips wrapped in the local paper, now its the strange waxy plastic they use.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
The increase in risk is from 4 in 1,000 to 5 in 1,000. I accept that increased risk for the taste of glorious bacon.

Soldato
The increase in risk is from 4 in 1,000 to 5 in 1,000. I accept that increased risk for the taste of glorious bacon.

And you have to wonder if other lifestyle choices have affected this for people that eat 3 rashers a day instead of 1? :) I know they try to remove these, but people aren't like lab mice, they live far more complicated and different lives.

Back
Top Bottom