Assassin's Creed Unity FREE on Uplay

Associate
Description from the website:
In light of the devastating fire at the Notre Dame de Paris, Ubisoft wants to give all gamers the chance to experience the majesty and beauty of the cathedral through Assassin's Creed Unity on PC.

From April 17th at 15:00 to April 25th at 08:00 (your local time). you can download Assassin's Creed Unity on PC for free here, and you’ll own it forever in your Uplay games library.

Associate
I loved this game. They captured the setting really well. Just too bad it was plagued with performance issues. Would love an updated remake with the new engine.

Associate
thanks for the info ;)

completely unrelated, but they also gave away ac black flag a while back.

edit: someone else already mentioned that earlier :)

Soldato
The church is apparently worth $30 Billion. Just for context. ;)

A worth value is not the same as a repair and renovation cost. By context, is this why you don't support charities I'm guessing? You feel your 5 quid is worth nothing in the grand scheme?

Ignoring the origin of the company, and focusing solely on your comment. You're a pleb.

Associate
A worth value is not the same as a repair and renovation cost. By context, is this why you don't support charities I'm guessing? You feel your 5 quid is worth nothing in the grand scheme?

Ignoring the origin of the company, and focusing solely on your comment. You're a pleb.
:D:D:D:D

Soldato
So I downloaded the game and I found myself unable to play it at all due to the fact the game opened in a very small window in the upper left hand corner of my Monitor , in fact it was so out of focus and blurry I was not even able to read any thing in the windows itself, no wonder it was free.

Soldato
So I downloaded the game and I found myself unable to play it at all due to the fact the game opened in a very small window in the upper left hand corner of my Monitor , in fact it was so out of focus and blurry I was not even able to read any thing in the windows itself, no wonder it was free.

Mine opened at a really low resolution, albeit in ultrawide :)

Had to start the game until I was able to get to options screen.

Why do some devs do this?

At least it supports ultrawidescreen @ 3440x1440.

Game runs pretty well, with only Nvidia Soft Shadows turned off, and using FXAA.

Oh, and there's no way to start a new game!

You have to delete your save to start afresh.

Another dubious design decision.

Man of Honour
It's a ubisoft game on uplay - Free isn't cheap enough, they should be paying us! Even at the cost of nothing I have to log into that junk and use precious bandwidth. I might be still angry about the game breaking Black Flag bugs on the uplay platform. Will skip this one! Thanks ubisoft but no thanks.

Soldato
It's a ubisoft game on uplay - Free isn't cheap enough, they should be paying us! Even at the cost of nothing I have to log into that junk and use precious bandwidth. I might be still angry about the game breaking Black Flag bugs on the uplay platform. Will skip this one! Thanks ubisoft but no thanks.

Bit harsh lol, its a freebie, they didn't have to hand out the game for free, I think most of the issues with the game got fixed anyhow, I grabbed it, worth having for free - played the game on PS4 back when released, as a tad buggy - but I'll give it a go on PC, for free worth a punt.

Associate
Didn't the market [Souk?] in Constantinople [Istanbul] go up in flames a few years after appearing in AC2:Brotherhood (or maybe Revelations, I forget). That was a world heritage site too.

Back
Top Bottom