• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PREPARE YOUR WALLETS: ASUS ROG MATRIX 2080Ti LANDS THIS WEEK!!

Associate
Wasn't there an EVGA FTW 2080 Ti at £1999.99? Or was I dreaming. Or Kingpin or something.

So yeah, this isn't even that shocking now :p

ASUS you aren't the kings of taking the **** currently. Must try harder!

Yeah but atleast with EVGA you have Quality and back up warranty have an issue RMA's dealt with unlike ASUS "ooh there is a micro scratch were not touching it buddy tough luck"!

Soldato
Im embarrassed for you as a company in a GPU industry thats gone mad.

for the first time in years in looking at the PS5 release and info to see if there is support for mouse & keyboard by default (useless with controller) and what fps it can output.

Will keep what i have pc wise but i aint paying those prices for new gpu.
you really dont have to tho. Dont get me wrong i aint defending those prices 1 bit, but you dont HAVE to have the most expensive version of the most expensive gaming GPU

i am fairly confident the cheapest RTX 2080 gpu will top what ever the ps5 can muster. even 2080tis start at under £1k.

Soldato
while I have no intention of ever spending this much money on a GPU, specially as my 3 year old sub £400 1070 is still more than powerful enough for my needs, I am super curious about how well this cooler works, I hope someone like gamers nexus can get their hands on one of these and really puts it through its paces :)

It won't be any better than an AIO, mainly because it's just a direct mount AIO.

Associate
Would any Asus representative wish to come to the board and justify their prices over competitors? (although i know OCUK arent helping and sure will also be charging couple hundred more than its competitors once they have stock, shame *shakes head*) I believe their customer service is **** to. What exactly is the reason this card is £300-400 over their other already over priced cards. They probably all hit the same clocks anyway.

People really must be smoking some serious crack to pay the cheapest RTX2080ti prices let alone the higher priced ones.

Nvidia have really taken a massive dump on all their loyal customers. They would rather charge double the price and get 55% of their current market than their normal price and get 100% of their market to get a tad more profit. I really hope AMD continue to apply some pressure and gain market share and turn that into better gpus themselves at better prices and we can all give nvidia the finger.

It’s been a long time since AMD launched a good GPU. NVIDIA knows they can get away with it

Soldato
you really dont have to tho. Dont get me wrong i aint defending those prices 1 bit, but you dont HAVE to have the most expensive version of the most expensive gaming GPU

i am fairly confident the cheapest RTX 2080 gpu will top what ever the ps5 can muster. even 2080tis start at under £1k.

But the difference is a PS5 plays games. A 2080 just sits there doing nothing until you paid for and put it into a PC that can drive it. It's bad for PC gaming if people get the idea that this is what you need in order to buy into the PC gaming concept. The truth is that this is a mega high end niche product that only a very small number of people will buy or need. It's a marketing flagship, and not representative of where a viable gaming PC sits. People need to understand that. The industry does, and knows the real money is in the high volume midrange segment. The Strix is more a vanity product than anything else, and it will probably sell it's low run on that reasoning alone.

Soldato
But the difference is a PS5 plays games. A 2080 just sits there doing nothing until you paid for and put it into a PC that can drive it. It's bad for PC gaming if people get the idea that this is what you need in order to buy into the PC gaming concept. The truth is that this is a mega high end niche product that only a very small number of people will buy or need. It's a marketing flagship, and not representative of where a viable gaming PC sits. People need to understand that. The industry does, and knows the real money is in the high volume midrange segment. The Strix is more a vanity product than anything else, and it will probably sell it's low run on that reasoning alone.
I agree.......! that was the point i was making really.

a gtx 1060 can play games just fine.... consoles are always "cheap" for what you get tho, so i dont think anyone should ever expect a full pc for the same price as a console.

console owners pay in other ways however. games generally cost more and you have to pay to play online... and then you have the fact that pcs dont need to be fully upgraded to upgrade them. I am still running a set up from 2015 all except the gpu and i fully expect it to last me at least 1 more gpu upgrade.

christ my sandy i5 2500k @ 4.3ghz from 2011 is still running fine and if i wanted to i could play any new release on it perfectly fine (if i kept a decent gpu in it - its currently my emulation machine with a 560ti in which is askign a bit much for destiny 2 etc)

PS i have a feeling the new ps5 may roll in costing more than some people want to pay

Soldato
Lol going by this thread ASUS will be doing well if they manage to sell a couple of these.

1440p 144hz and 4K 60hz On max settings needs this GPU.

I’m still struggling to think of any game/s which would justify such an investment. £1700 on a GPU, £600+ on a monitor then the base unit. £3k just to play the odd occasional decent game seems like an awful lot of money to me.

Caporegime
Lol going by this thread ASUS will be doing well if they manage to sell a couple of these.

I’m still struggling to think of any game/s which would justify such an investment. £1700 on a GPU, £600+ on a monitor then the base unit. £3k just to play the odd occasional decent game seems like an awful lot of money to me.
I think anyone who buys one wouldn't dare come to this section and tell people.... Imagine the stick they would get :eek:

I also think cost is subjective to the buyer. Years ago, I had young children and they were the priority, so PC funds were short but I still had enough to buy midrange and still enjoyed my games (probably more then as I was massive into gaming), nowadays, I get what I feel is justifiable to me (although my passion for gaming is waning somewhat). I earn reasonably good money though and any OT I do goes into a seperate account (my treat me account).

Soldato
Rubbish, overpriced waste of a GPU, absolutely killing of PC gaming for enthusiasts. Roll on PS5, XB2X, I'm happy with 100fps @ 1440p in games on both my rigs (vega64 and 1080ti) just no need for this card what so ever. It doesn't just work, quite the opposite Jenson.

Soldato

There isn't a game to justify that investment and there won't be either. PC gaming has simply got out of hand. People don't mind paying a premium for the best platform, which PC is, without question, but there's now way to justify the current premium at the top end, it's getting harder to justify it lower down too. A lot of PC specific games, like Paradox titles can be played very nicely on 'ancient' set ups, then if you wish you can play more mainstream games you can play on a £500 console.

It's crazy right now.

Soldato
With all the stick and negativity around Nvidia and the 20xx series's ATM it's got me wondering how much market share they will lose come navi's release

The PC GPU market isn't make or break for AMD like it is for Nvidia, they have a bunch of other products which they make a lot more from. For literally everything other than Windows gaming, AMD have it sewn up. Plus their CPUs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom