• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS RTX 2080Ti Matrix

Well this is a interesting hybrid, but ultimately a fail I think.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_RTX_2080_Ti_Matrix/1.html

I do quite like AIO hybrid watercooled GFX cards, but I don't know what to think about this one.
It does look innovative, but on the other hand it must be dumping a lot of heat directly into the case which kind of defeats the objective imho.

Anyway check out the review.

Associate
Hmm, I like that. Not going to be buying one at the costs those will be going for. But how much of an issue is the fan dumping the heat inside the case going to be, the sort of people that will buy this card will have either their own water cooling solutions, or a AIO drawing cool air in from outside and fans drawing the air out.

Associate
OP
Well it's all a knock on effect when it comes to rising internal case temps under load.
But my point is it offers no advantage over a externally attached rad and fan which will blow the hot air straight out the case, that's why it's a fail.

[EDIT]
I could see it maybe working well in a mITX case, where the fans have direct access to a panel grill.
Stick a isolation collar around the card/grill, THEN this card's cooling would be awesome.

Last edited:
Soldato
But my point is it offers no advantage over a externally attached rad and fan which will blow the hot air straight out the case, that's why it's a fail.

Not quite, it offers space, mounting and cable management advantages. The chips are also binned, and represent the best Asus have to offer.

I've been waiting for this card to be released for a while, it was reported to be released Feb. I don't think I'm going to appreciate the price though, I saw it pop up on ****** for what I assume is a mistake in price at circa £1200 but it's since vanished.

Must be due soon!

Associate
If this card was £1200 I'd consider it, but i think it's going to be closer to £1900. I really hope the 7nm cards and more sensibly priced, but I can't see it.

Man of Honour
If this card was £1200 I'd consider it, but i think it's going to be closer to £1900. I really hope the 7nm cards and more sensibly priced, but I can't see it.

For that price it is probably better to pay the extra and get a 24gb RTX Titan.

Having said that for gaming a solid 2080 Ti for around £1200 is a much better option.

Soldato
it will be interesting to see this vs the kingpin card

Here is the comparison

After using msi quto oc on both, The kingpin runs up to 200mhz higher on the core, both cards achieve the same memory clocks.the kingpin also runs cooler than the matrix.

Instead of these cards you’d be better off getting a FE and building a custom 360mm loop for it.

But if you’re too lazy get the kingpin

Associate
Here is the comparison

After using msi quto oc on both, The kingpin runs up to 200mhz higher on the core, both cards achieve the same memory clocks.the kingpin also runs cooler than the matrix.

Instead of these cards you’d be better off getting a FE and building a custom 360mm loop for it.

But if you’re too lazy get the kingpin
Source?

Associate
We need to see real world tests really. For the price of those cards you could get a different 2080ti and water cool your entire system.

Back
Top Bottom