Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Associate
Ive had it for the last 5 years on a student membership so its pretty much a no brainer at £39 a year. My gf has started a degree so now that mine has finished switched hers to prime and thats another few years of student prices.

I dont watch the telly any more as refuse to pay the almost 150 quid a year for the utter garbage they show day in day out so I make use of Prime Video quite a bit.

Soldato
I have to say i would never have dreamed of signing up for prime had they not mistakenly spammed me for a student prime (my work email is .ac.uk)

but regardless of my dishonesty in claiming (i really have no problems there) it was still genius of them...... 1) its £39 off me they would otherwise not get and 2) i am hooked. i love amazon prime, and i would not be wihtout it now so once i "graduate" in May 2020 i think it is, i will be coughing up for the full gubbins.

Associate
@Double07 I presume you don't watch any live TV on Prime or any BBC iPlayer stuff. Just keep yourself up to date as the powers that be are tightening up om license requirenents.
Andi.

Yeah no live TV whatsoever and nothing on iPlayer because the only things I like are history/nature stuff really and I usually pick those up on disc anyway as I like to keep them.

I dont have Sky or BT (obviously) so if I want to watch the football I goto my local which is about 10 metres from my house so win win :)

Caporegime
Well I've been sitting at my office 2 hours passed when I usually leave waiting for an F'ing microwave to arrive for my staff.

I've been tracking the guy since 4 p.m and 2 hours ago it said he was "1 stop away" but that then changed to: The driver has to make a few more deliveries on the way to your address

He spent 45 minutes in one location nearby without moving, then he moved around a bit and has spend another hour in a different location without moving...what a waste of my life.

Soldato
Well I've been sitting at my office 2 hours passed when I usually leave waiting for an F'ing microwave to arrive for my staff.

I've been tracking the guy since 4 p.m and 2 hours ago it said he was "1 stop away" but that then changed to: The driver has to make a few more deliveries on the way to your address

He spent 45 minutes in one location nearby without moving, then he moved around a bit and has spend another hour in a different location without moving...what a waste of my life.

Either the tracking wasn't working properly e.g driver's handheld terminal not sending data correctly to Amazon's servers, or the driver has decided to take a break. Aren't they like self employed working 16 hours a day 6 days a week for the equivalent of £2 an hour after costs...

Man of Honour

I do miss the days of DPD in that respect - predictable 2 hour timeslot and rarely missed it.

Associate
Prime is great for those like me in Northern Ireland as so many companies charge silly money for delivery here. It's also worth it for American Gods and Good Omens alone.

As others have said, avoid BBC iplayer and the licence saving pays for it.

There's also a nice deal at present for £20 off an annual membership.

Caporegime
Prime is great for those like me in Northern Ireland as so many companies charge silly money for delivery here. It's also worth it for American Gods and Good Omens alone.

As others have said, avoid BBC iplayer and the licence saving pays for it.

There's also a nice deal at present for £20 off an annual membership.

I saved enough by getting things that I need on Prime Day to pay for the sub itself. The trick is to buy what you need and like anywhere else when shopping, both online and instore, be savvy about the prices, do your research and play the game well and you will save money.

p.s. Amazon is now on Quidco too, even better.

Caporegime
OP
no surprise, just tried to cancel to see if I get an auto retention offer, there was one but not really an offer, just switch to £79 annual.

Will send support a message, if they refuse £59 deal will cancel.

There are loopholes to get an NUC card on the sly. The card itself will still cost you, but you can sign up to courses that cost £lol to qualify. If you can warrant the card (ie eating out on Mon-Thurs nights) then you can also bag Prime for student rates (£59PA? something like that).

https://becleverwithyourcash.com/ca...-discount-card-even-when-youre-not-a-student/

Soldato
Anyone know where Amazon stand on sellers rewarding customers for positive reviews?

I bought some screen protectors for my phone. A different brand from last time, as these ones had rave reviews. Turns out, they're not as good. So why the rave reviews? There's a card in the box offering a free QI charger. Turns out, leaving a positive review on Amazon is a condition of receiving the charger...

Caporegime
OP
Anyone know where Amazon stand on sellers rewarding customers for positive reviews?

I bought some screen protectors for my phone. A different brand from last time, as these ones had rave reviews. Turns out, they're not as good. So why the rave reviews? There's a card in the box offering a free QI charger. Turns out, leaving a positive review on Amazon is a condition of receiving the charger...

Report them. It's a known problem and one that they're trying to stamp out. Amazon reviews are beyond salvation imo. Even products with 1star reviews could be great products but the competition writes fake reviews to kill them off. China is the biggest culprit.

Caporegime
You tend to have to read the reviews, some aren't very useful/informative and can be mostly ignored. Some are obviously suspect and non-specific to the product.

Some are technophobic people who've not actually got an issue with the product but had a problem with the seller or the courier etc.. and so have left a review in the wrong place.

Some people mix up both and review the product then state they're deducting points because of [reason unrelated to the product itself].

And of course you'll get a few reviews along the lines of: akchually the kindle edition is just awful, 1*, even though I liked the book itself.

Back
Top Bottom