**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Yes I have found it inconsistent. Some occasions it will work straight away and other times you could wait a couple of seconds and it does nothing, then you move it and comes up with the error message saying you need to hold it steady!

I've found that it's essentially based within the bottom half of the phone. I've essentially turned the phone the opposite way around and towards the terminal and I've had 100% success since I've done so.

Soldato
Anyone having issues with battery life when using their buds and google play?

Been using it today on and off with near zero screen on time (Battery usage is showing Google Play Music at 2hrs 22mins). I started this morning at 83% and

as soon as I stopped playing the music the drain stopped.

sorted, turns out it wad adhel i installed, google play was making multiple add calls which addhell was blocking forcing play to keep retrying over and over hammering the cpi.

Soldato
I have been looking to move back over to android for good. In the past I’ve had phones such as the note 5/oneplus 3t/pixel 2/oneplus 6 but have always moved back over to iOS. I currently use a iPhone 7 Plus. I’ve gotten quite fed up with Apple and the way the company is headed so want to jump ship.

I had my heart set on a oneplus 6t mclaren (mainly for the warp charge/10gb ram/256gb all be it second hand) but it seems I can also pick up a s10/s10e for a little more/less on the auction site. I also think I wouldn’t get on with the screen size of the oneplus (as big as the s10+) with it being quite large compared to the iPhone 7 Plus which I feel it spot on for my hand size. I do prefer near like stock android experience but could look past that. I was willing to wait for the oneplus 7 but in all honesty I can’t!

The s10 seems to be the best medium in terms of specs and reviews though is the s10e a better bang for the buck?

Soldato
I have been looking to move back over to android for good. In the past I’ve had phones such as the note 5/oneplus 3t/pixel 2/oneplus 6 but have always moved back over to iOS. I currently use a iPhone 7 Plus. I’ve gotten quite fed up with Apple and the way the company is headed so want to jump ship.

I had my heart set on a oneplus 6t mclaren (mainly for the warp charge/10gb ram/256gb all be it second hand) but it seems I can also pick up a s10/s10e for a little more/less on the auction site. I also think I wouldn’t get on with the screen size of the oneplus (as big as the s10+) with it being quite large compared to the iPhone 7 Plus which I feel it spot on for my hand size. I do prefer near like stock android experience but could look past that. I was willing to wait for the oneplus 7 but in all honesty I can’t!

The s10 seems to be the best medium in terms of specs and reviews though is the s10e a better bang for the buck?

The price gap between the S10 and S10E wasn't big enough for me personally, so went with the S10.

S10E will feel small in your hand too, coming from the IP7+

Soldato
Yes seems the best bet to go for the s10 it seems to be great hardware wise for the money.

Does the Samsung utility also transfer iMessages across? I can’t remember as I had to manually do it using third party software onto the one plus last year.

Soldato
The price gap between the S10 and S10E wasn't big enough for me personally, so went with the S10.

S10E will feel small in your hand too, coming from the IP7+
S10e does feel a good bit smaller in the hand but the screen is plenty big. I have a J6 issued from work and I was convinced it had a bigger screen (it's certainly much bigger in the hand) but side by side the larger screen on the S10e is so obvious.
I have always usually plumped for basically the biggest phone I could get but after the OnePlus 6T I just got fed up of trying to keep the thing in my pocket.

Soldato
I ordered one and its good quality but not 100% sure its genuine and for the price I don't expert it to be. The issue I have is the camera cut out at the back is too large. The genuine ones fit flush to the camera with no gaps, mine has a large gap at the top, exposing the back of the phone.
That's a shame. Just checking mine here now and the camera cut-out is fine. There is a little bit of play on the bottom left corner of the case but other than that I'm very happy with it at a fifth of the cost.

Man of Honour
In Sound settings under Equaliser, set it to custom and turn all the EQ bands down 2 notches. This is a trick from the S9 days too which improves dynamic range of the speakers. I don't use Dolby Atmos as it compresses the sound and makes the 3D effect a bit weird sounding, just doens't sound natural. Maybe it's good for gaming but certainly not for videos/music.

Adapt Sound is on as always and tuned for my JayBirds which makes all the difference at further improving the difference between high/mid/low detail.

S10e does feel a good bit smaller in the hand but the screen is plenty big. I have a J6 issued from work and I was convinced it had a bigger screen (it's certainly much bigger in the hand) but side by side the larger screen on the S10e is so obvious.
I have always usually plumped for basically the biggest phone I could get but after the OnePlus 6T I just got fed up of trying to keep the thing in my pocket.

The size convenience of the e is just great for me. I'd never get a phone that was huge again given that the S10e's screen is still a decent 5.8". It's just way easier to use one handed as well which I'm liking now after all these years of 6"+ phones.

Soldato
In Sound settings under Equaliser, set it to custom and turn all the EQ bands down 2 notches. This is a trick from the S9 days too which improves dynamic range of the speakers. I don't use Dolby Atmos as it compresses the sound and makes the 3D effect a bit weird sounding, just doens't sound natural. Maybe it's good for gaming but certainly not for videos/music.

Adapt Sound is on as always and tuned for my JayBirds which makes all the difference at further improving the difference between high/mid/low detail.

The size convenience of the e is just great for me. I'd never get a phone that was huge again given that the S10e's screen is still a decent 5.8". It's just way easier to use one handed as well which I'm liking now after all these years of 6"+ phones.
Exactly this. It was the one handed usability that tipped me over the edge to get the S10e. As you say 5.8 is plenty big and I have to say I don't miss the extra screen from phones gone by. Before my 6T I had the Pixel 2XL and I thought it had a good large display and it's only 0.2inch bigger than the S10e and in a much larger package owing to the bezels.

Soldato
This is the first samsug phone I've had (s10e) can anyone tell me what the beeps are when you are on a call? it seems like a minute reminder or something but not convinced it's that - and I've disable all notifications during calls, happens on every single call

Associate

Definitely something I'm going to think about next time around too. I'd have been tempted with the S10e myself but my next phone MUST have a telephoto lens, as its the one thing I've really been waiting for, for ages, with phone cameras, is a decent zoom.

Caporegime
OP
I’m more inclined to purchase the s10e. It would have been nice to have a 1440p panel on it but I do prefer a flat screen rather than a curved screen.

To be honest it's not really that noticetable and even if you have a sharp eye, I think it would be forgotten quite quickly. An AMOLED 1080+ screen is still damn good, haven't even bothered running 1440p on my N9 :p:o.

Soldato
This is the first samsug phone I've had (s10e) can anyone tell me what the beeps are when you are on a call? it seems like a minute reminder or something but not convinced it's that - and I've disable all notifications during calls, happens on every single call

If it's more sporadic than a minute minder kind of beep, check your NFC settings and if it's on try turning it off.

Soldato
To be honest it's not really that noticetable and even if you have a sharp eye, I think it would be forgotten quite quickly. An AMOLED 1080+ screen is still damn good, haven't even bothered running 1440p on my N9 :p:o.

I’m not too bothered by it tbh.

I’m just unsure on what to go for. The s10 seems a better bang for the buck than the s10e. Yet, the curved screen doesn’t really appeal to me neither does the third camera lens.

Would 8gb ram be noticeable over the 6gb?

Soldato
I’m not too bothered by it tbh.

I’m just unsure on what to go for. The s10 seems a better bang for the buck than the s10e. Yet, the curved screen doesn’t really appeal to me neither does the third camera lens.

Would 8gb ram be noticeable over the 6gb?
Is it much more bang for buck? Aside from rear telephoto lens, 0.3inch larger screen (which is curved) and screen resolution (which at this display size is barely noticeable) it's the same phone in a smaller and cheaper package.

Back
Top Bottom