• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
PCIe 4.0 and flash / ram hybrid drive (rumoured). Can you get that on the pc yet?
Ram hybrid drives came to PC about 4 years ago & PCIe 4.0 is already being phased out PCIe 5.0 is replacing it instead! Neither of these will make much difference to gameplay either & pricing aside Sony could just include an SSD right now to make a massive difference to gamers with seamless streaming ingame but as always its about costs & profit margins.

If anyone thinks PS5 will not be an expensive console they are going to be in for a massive shock as all hardware & electrical goods are set for massive price hikes due to Brexit & supply & demand factors in the coming years as consoles & home entertainment dominate modern life for many people at home.
https://www.techspot.com/news/78355-pcie-50-ready-before-pcie-40-can-launch.html
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/pcie-4.0-5.0-pci-sig-specification,38460.html

Associate
I just dont understand the journalists...

Capture.png

Paid shills

Soldato
Ram hybrid drives came to PC about 4 years ago & PCIe 4.0 is already being phased out PCIe 5.0 is replacing it instead! Neither of these will make much difference to gameplay either & pricing aside Sony could just include an SSD right now to make a massive difference to gamers with seamless streaming ingame but as always its about costs & profit margins.

If anyone thinks PS5 will not be an expensive console they are going to be in for a massive shock as all hardware & electrical goods are set for massive price hikes due to Brexit & supply & demand factors in the coming years as consoles & home entertainment dominate modern life for many people at home.
https://www.techspot.com/news/78355-pcie-50-ready-before-pcie-40-can-launch.html
I don't see anyone saying it won't be expensive :confused:

And tbh i don't really care, PS5 with TLOU2 is going to be a killer combo, one which I and many others will pay handsomely for.

Associate
Money is no object for me on this new machine. HZD2 is going to be something else. I feel like a November 2020 release of ps5 will be what happens. I also think there won’t be a new PSVR headset (controversial) and Sony will phase it out.

Soldato
Money is no object for me on this new machine. HZD2 is going to be something else. I feel like a November 2020 release of ps5 will be what happens. I also think there won’t be a new PSVR headset (controversial) and Sony will phase it out.

Not a chance, VR IS the future of gaming, you only realise that when you use one for an extended period of time.

Caporegime
Ah so the release date predictions are late 2020? That's annoying...

I've got a PS3, not a massive gamer so still have some games to finish and others to try there, mostly play GTA/Rockstar games titles. Was thinking about getting a PS4 Pro at some point for the new Red Dead Redemption and might grab a few others for the PS4 like the last of us remastered etc.. Then read the article about this new console, if its going to be backwards compatible then I might just skip the PS4 entirely and grab the PS5 upon release.... though was hoping more for early 2020 if I do that.

Soldato

So pcie4 isn't available for pc is what you're saying?

I can't see a flash/ram hybrid drive anywhere but I'll take your word for it.

Associate
Read up on upload VR Sony has stated there commited to PSVR on the nest Playstation and this gen headset will work on it

Think we will see a new headset 2 years after the consloe lauch

Soldato
Looking decent at least.

VR really is something I feel isn't going to disappear like 3d has.

All it needs is a wireless headset and a system with the power to really show it off. Having used a Hive system on a high end PC and even playing some fps it's a different league to the current PSVR.

If Sony can get close to that set up it will bring a load of people on board imo.

Soldato
I'm all on board VR when it doesn't make me feel I've gone back 2 generations. I naively htought the PC ones were way ahead but they aren't really, except the 8k on each eye one but that's like £6k.

Soldato
I'm all on board VR when it doesn't make me feel I've gone back 2 generations. I naively htought the PC ones were way ahead but they aren't really, except the 8k on each eye one but that's like £6k.

What are you talking about? the graphics are secondary to VR..

I played HOURS of ultrawings and rec room, both very basic graphics.. but its what you can do with immersion and physics that makes VR so incredible.

Are you really one of these "more pixels" makes a game better kind of guys?

Soldato
I find the lack of clarity immersion breaking. Not sure why you're getting stroppy about my opinion . Are you really one of those "I'm an adult but I still argue about video games if your opinion differs from mine guys"?

Graphics may be secondary for you, I need a better quality from what I've seen so far (Vive) and the PSVR, whilst great value is far away from being near what I want .

I don't care about graphics on a monitor but on VR for me it's just not there .

Soldato
I find the lack of clarity immersion breaking. Not sure why you're getting stroppy about my opinion . Are you really one of those "I'm an adult but I still argue about video games if your opinion differs from mine guys"?

Graphics may be secondary for you, I need a better quality from what I've seen so far (Vive) and the PSVR, whilst great value is far away from being near what I want .

I don't care about graphics on a monitor but on VR for me it's just not there .

I'm not getting stroppy, im just questioning the claim.. The Rift and Vive quality cannot be judged unless used over a solid play-session.. Yes the resolution could use a bump in quality, but remember you need at least 90fps to avoid motion sickness, asking for 4k on each eye or 8k on each eye with 2019 grade AAA games is just outside the realms of possibility, however the games available right now are absolutely incredible, as a rift owner the last time i had the fun i've had with VR is when i was a kid playing the NES and Megadrive. Graphics are definitley secondary at this point.

Soldato
I'm not getting stroppy, im just questioning the claim.. The Rift and Vive quality cannot be judged unless used over a solid play-session.. Yes the resolution could use a bump in quality, but remember you need at least 90fps to avoid motion sickness, asking for 4k on each eye or 8k on each eye with 2019 grade AAA games is just outside the realms of possibility, however the games available right now are absolutely incredible, as a rift owner the last time i had the fun i've had with VR is when i was a kid playing the NES and Megadrive. Graphics are definitley secondary at this point.

Sorry but it came across that way so let's move on. I thought Moss was excellent and I think NMS VR will be too I'm just personally struggling. I think the issue may be switching from a '''normal" game then playing VR. I found that Skyrim, whilst initially horrid seemed to mellow out my eyes a bit the longer I went on .

Big caveat here, I have a hyper attention to detail and patterns due to autism and I know that doesn't help . I would like some more feature length games rather than the majority sort of tech demo or minigames too .

Soldato
I got a feeling Psvr 2.0 will be available on launch I reckon.

I’m personally not interested in vr. But it’s good news for people who are.

Just playing through TLoU (again :p)at the moment. And it still holds up really well. The second game is gonna be a console seller. Even if it is cross gen.

Edit. I’ll be holding off for the ps5 version of tlou2 personally.

Back
Top Bottom