Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Soldato
I really wish manufacturers would make note of this rather than just pandering to the “I must use a touchscreen for everything” generation. I really don’t want a touchscreen as the main control interface, but given the direction of the industry there will likely be little option in a few year’s time. :(
TBF the virtual cockpit is not bad to do most of the radio and stuff etc, but obviously still have the climate controls, sat nav stuff as well to use on main screen

Not driven it im afraid.

Engine is better than my Merc. It actually rides just as well, it may even ride a touch better which surprises me

:confused::confused:

Caporegime
TBF the virtual cockpit is not bad to do most of the radio and stuff etc, but obviously still have the climate controls, sat nav stuff as well to use on main screen
VC is “not bad” sure, but I still find myself reaching for the centre console in my car, the control wheel just falls to hand and I know where the features are without having to look.

9 time out of 10, VC is in sports mode, single dial, and with “normal” trip computer on the left and G-meter on the right (for aesthetics not for actual giving a flying fluff about the number on the gauge). The other 10% of the time I have full screen navigation.

Man of Honour
R8 back, a grand lighter but big service (plugs, oils, filters etc) and MOT passed with zero advisories as I would expect. Needs to go back in however as some corrosion on a couple of mounting brackets I want changed (could not get them in time, needed car back for weekend) and a couple of noises that need more diagnosis. Going to get all 4 wheels done again, better than last time I hope, geo and balance but will do these outside of Audi. Centre Gravity for the geo this time prior to the Ring trip in June.

A6 was nice but think I prefer the Merc more. The A6 has more toys, better tech and a better diesel engine (quite feels more urgent) but the Merc is a better place to sit, insulates you more from the outside and just feels a nicer place to sit. Good service from Tamworth Audi and a young chap who gets service. Stoke Audi could learn from them, but suspect they won't.

Man of Honour
The TT is going into Audi for a service and investigation into some weird nosies from the rear. They recon 3 days is what they need it for. Seems like a long time to find out that (If it is what I expect) a top mount and bump stop are shot? What's people's experience with Audi directly? Any good?

Soldato
Soldato
Hello all

On reviews online etc I have read for an option for an upgraded air suspension option on the D5 A8 with a camera that reads the road surface ahead etc and adjusts the suspension to suit. I cannot find this option on the online configurator or carwow etc - is this option not available in the UK does anyone know?

Cheers

Soldato
Just wondering, is the MMI Connect app still needed? I’ve just updated my phone after being away with work for 3 months, and now it just directs you to the MyAudi app when you open it. Can I just delete it now?

Thanks.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Wife’s taken the RS3 today, just sent me a text to say when she started it up in the car park it set the car next to it alarm off :D

Back
Top Bottom