What is the oldest game you still play & install today?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Having never owned a PS1, I actually got FF7 recently for my switch.

It's not a bad little game to play in bed for an hour or so each night :)
I have it on Steam, but will likely pick it up on the switch to as you say play it in bed.

Loved playing it back 97 as a kid :)

Going to also pick up Resident Evil when it comes out, as I enjoy playing that now and then. Will be nice to play it in handheld mode, as played it many times on steam.

Been hoping for device like the switch where you can play your steam library on. But not seen anything I would want to buy yet. Maybe with 7nm they may make it happen at a decent price.

Soldato
Warcraft 3 and the Frozen Throne Expansion.

The story is awesome, the graphics are gorgeous and the music is lovely

Then there are hours of multiplayer and custom maps

Soldato
I swear if Blizzard released a new Warcraft (not the update to WC3 that’s coming out) but a brand new story top down RTS campaign based story it would sell in absolute droves.

Soldato
Final Fantasy 7 (1997) gets a play through every year or so, although I usually give up once getting down into the Northern Cave.

I also go back and play Arcade Atari Star Wars 1983 every now and then with a controller I built a few years back.

Nolf 1 was also a popular re-install for me over the years. There were even a server or two still available until a few years back.
Might go back and do the SP again one day.

Associate
I hope you are right - I have so many happy hours and memories drinking beer and playing these games

I hate being a grown up now

My biggest pro being a grown-up is I can finally buy all the games that I want. My biggest con being a grown-up is I have no time to play said games.

Associate
Having never owned a PS1, I actually got FF7 recently for my switch.

It's not a bad little game to play in bed for an hour or so each night :)

First time I heard FF7 described as not a bad little game :) That Mario64 isnt too bad for a quick blast and Half Life 2 is OK if I can find the time!

What next, "Has anyone played Ocarina of Time, and if so is it any good?" ;)

Associate
My biggest pro being a grown-up is I can finally buy all the games that I want. My biggest con being a grown-up is I have no time to play said games.

Or as said in Trainspotting, which I find sums it perfectly, crude but effective.

Got no money: can't get ******. Got money: drinking too much. Can't get a bird: no chance of a ****. Got a bird: too much hassle. You have to worry about bills, about food, about some football team that never ******* wins.

Associate
Ultima Underworld 2 still gets the odd play through once every couple of years. It took me two years to finish the first time round, I can do it in a long weekend now. There are speed runs in which people do it in half an hour but that involves missing out on lots of plot elements and using various exploits that I don't really approve of.

Soldato
I've just started FFVII again but on the switch this time. Im determined to complete it this time as well, I must have blown up that mako reactor 50 times :D

Soldato
As we're talking old games, what was this game:

• I think it was a PS1 game
  • Female lead
  • Think she had psychic powers
  • I remember going into a room and there was BFO spider - i did not have enough level to defeat, so i am thinking a RPG?

I believe it was well known, so not an obscure game, but for the life of me i cannot recall it's name.

NVM - just got a searching bug i had to itch - Parasite Eve.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom