Tablet

Associate
Looking for a speedier replacement for my Huawei Mediapad M3 lite.
Got a Maximum budget of £500.
Mainly used for Sky go, Amazon Prime and Netflix, listening to music so good quality sounds is a must and at least 32gb storage for on the go photo editin with light room mobile and Snapspeed.
Any recommendation?
Only ones I've seen are the Huawei Mediapad M5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 or Ipad Air.
Did have a Ipad Mini 2 from 2015-18 when the battery munched itself.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
It's now a Toss up between the Ipad Air 2019 and the Tab5se.
Just worried that every Android Tab has slowed down within 8 months of use. Whereas my Ipad mini was faultless apart from the lack of memory (16gb)

Associate
Even as an android fan, I’d go for the iPad, no brainer. The Samsung is a decent tablet, I’m sure, but Android tablets in that form are as good as dead and the iPad has, and will continue to have better apps and will be supported for a much longer period of time and I think the software will improve significantly in the coming update. I can’t think of a ‘leisure’ machine I’d rather have than the iPad. If you don’t mind the thought of a bigger tablet, you could probably get a 12.9 gen 2 for a similar price which is what I have and its a great near laptop replacement for my fairly basic needs. Either way you would be getting an awesome machine with an even better potential in the future. You will also be impressed with the performance of these newer iPads after using a mini. They feel properly rapid.

Associate
I have just recently purchased the Huawei Mediapad M5 (wish i had gone for the pro for the m-pen) price is quite reasonable at £299.
Absolutley brilliant for netflix and prime video with the Harman Kardon quad speaker setup which is way better than anything that comes built into todays LED TV's.

Associate
OP
I have just recently purchased the Huawei Mediapad M5 (wish i had gone for the pro for the m-pen) price is quite reasonable at £299.
Absolutley brilliant for netflix and prime video with the Harman Kardon quad speaker setup which is way better than anything that comes built into todays LED TV's.
Yeah the M3 lite is great. It's just really slow.

Soldato
You just get plain better hardware with the iPad really. Even the networking performance/reliability of my wifes old iPad Air 1 bettered my much newer Pixel C until the latter died at the start of this year and I replaced it with a Pro. Sure iOS is restrictive but nothing the FileBrowser app can't fix should you want to connect to external network shares. My only real issue is the lack of headphone jack on the 'Pro' models, whereas normal iPad's still retain them. It is a shame Android tablets are so overpriced compared to iPads.

Back
Top Bottom