• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

World War Z - Benchmarks New Vulkan title

Soldato
Will post more benchmarks has I come across them, if anyone playing wants to also post built in benchmark results images/videos you more than welcome.

p1rdeui66vs21.png

Soldato
Nvidia drivers aren’t out for this yet.

Vulcan is a mess for me in this game, dx11 is better. Can’t wait for the Nvidia game ready drivers and be able to actually use Vulcan, should sort that bar chart back the right way. :p

Soldato
If AMD did gameworks ala Nvidia every AMD game would look like this. I wish they would as playing nice doesn't seem to work.

Gameworks pretty much gimps everything, not just AMD. I'd rather they focused on utilizing better APIs like AMD are. Instead of minor graphical gimmicks for huge fps cost.

As we can see Vulkan is using less power and getting better results than DX. There's no point in adding more bloat like gameworks on top of directx, because it's just going to run like ****, and it does.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ouchies

Vulkan drawing more cpu power, using more system ram, using more vram and delivering lower performance than dx11

Soldato
Tbh Gameworks has grown on me, and at least the less restrictive settings from Nvidia like HBAO+. Playing through Witcher 3, I like Hairworks as well, and the performance impact isn't too bad once you remove the gimping, which AMD has done now automatically (proper tessellation settings etc). Of course, Witcher 3 is more of an exception (in every way).

Back
Top Bottom