Samsung Galaxy Fold - First foldable screen smartphone from Samsung

Caporegime
Not on the phones most (if not all) of the US guys got.

If these aren't pre-production samples then the phone itself looks incredibly fragile, taking a plastic peel off it or installing a screen protector can damage it? If that's the case then this tech simply isn't ready, at least Samsung's implementation of it.

Soldato
Rushed job. They must have seen this coming..

The tech just isn't there yet, but maybe that's ok. You pay a premium for the wow factor and they learn more about what works in the real world for future models.

Soldato
Tested maybe ,tried ? Only time will tell . Just another gadget we don't really need . I'd just like a phone that can make calls inside a building like my old 3310 did

Even if this decice is a fail the tech will be iperfected eventually. Before the iPhone or ipad who thought they needed a large touch screen phone or nonwindows tablet?

Caporegime
Good god........... it looks absolutely awful, seriously who on earth wants to have the one screen/when it's closed surrounded by massive black borders lol...... And then the length plus thickness lel.......

Soldato
I don't really get why we should only make things that solve a problem. Can you imagine where we wouldn't be if that was the case?

It is quite clear people want bigger and bigger screens... so making one that can be huge then fold into your pocket seems a sensible idea to me.

Soldato
Wonder how much money they wasted in R & D. Why will everyone have one, the people who want a tablet sized phone must be fairly minimal, phones are already far too big. Its a nice tech exercise at most.
I see a lot of people travel on trains and tubes on a daily basis watching content on a tablet, in fact I carry both a phone and tablet myself. I would be interested in one of these, but it's too expensive and the tech isn't quite there yet, but I'm glad it's now available and will surely improve with each iteration.

Man of Honour
Wonder how much money they wasted in R & D. Why will everyone have one, the people who want a tablet sized phone must be fairly minimal, phones are already far too big. Its a nice tech exercise at most.

I carry both a Galaxy Note 4 and a 8" Windows tablet a lot - though I'd still carry the tablet to be fair due to the requirement of being able to use Windows but I wouldn't say no to a decent phone that could function as both a Note sized phone and a ~8" tablet.

Caporegime

I don't think so. Once the tech is perfected it'll be awesome. I travel a lot, and use my phone as entertainment (movies, tv, the odd game). Having a bigger screen but still being pocket-able. Sign me right up.

The girlfriend already struggles fitting her iphone in her pocket at work (can't carry a bag) so walks about with it in her hand. A phone half the size but flips out to a full size phone. Boom - her problem solved almost instantly.

Soldato
I would love to try one of these..

I use my phone more for browsing the internet then anything else and the screen on this phone looks like it be really great for that kind of usage..;)

Back
Top Bottom