First ever loop - are my temps ok?

Soldato
I haven't done any stress testing yet and I just wanted to get a quick idea of how my temps are at idle. CPU is a 5820k, GPU is a Vega64, i have two rads - a 360x60mm and a 360x30mm.

Pump is at 1300rpm and fans are going slow at 400rpm.

zjWJdF1.png

Is 35c for the CPU package a tad high?

Thanks

Soldato
No, it's only a few degrees higher than the other temps and still very low in general. I wouldn't worry.

I'm guessing your fans will ramp up under load though? I can see everything has been up to 60° even if briefly.

Soldato
@LuckyBenski

Yeah i have the fans on a curve. I've no idea why everything went to 60c, i haven't put any load on anything yet.
I've found Intel CPUs tend to have quite jumpy temperatures - can see 10-20° increase as soon as a load is applied and disappear when it goes, instantly. So while my loop temps max out at 53° on CPU and GPU, I see 58-60 for fractions of a second as load is applied.

It might have just been while booting and load was high, etc.

Associate
@LuckyBenski

I just wondering, would you say it's "safe" to turn the fans completely off at idle or would the water temp just being to rise and rise and rise?

Thanks

Much would depend on amount of water loop holds! As a pint would heat up far quicker than a gallon but if if fans are not turning the water is still being circulated by the pump and would still loose heat by it being distributed round up and heat soak out of the rad by rising air if at top of the case.

As fans on cars these days don't run only when reach a certain temp then kick in but the water is still running round engine and if moving air is flowing past rad and engine moving heat out

But one to look at is how good the cpu block is in transferring heat into fluid loop so ie how much fluid has to pass through for each Deg of temp it lowers.

Soldato
OP
My rads are both 360mm Hardware Labs, a 60mm thick and a 30ml think. Blocks are XSPC Raystorm Neo for the CPU and Bykski for the GPU, pump is a D5 from EK.

Certainly not overkill but a pretty decent amount of cooling, no?

Soldato
One way to find out! Sounds like plenty of rad space so you could certainly try switching some fans off, maybe leave 1-2 running at low speed. Is 400rpm even audible to you though?

I'd also monitor water temperature more than anything else. Will help avoid fans switching on and off due to small temperature fluctuations.

Soldato
OP
Is 400rpm even audible to you though?

Frustratingly, yes. When i was still air cooling i had three Corsair ML120 fans mounted vertically on the side panel and i couldn't here them at all. I decided to buy three more for my water cooling setup and for some reason i can now hear the noise of the motors with them mounted horizontally on the radiators.

:(

Associate
Frustratingly, yes. When i was still air cooling i had three Corsair ML120 fans mounted vertically on the side panel and i couldn't here them at all. I decided to buy three more for my water cooling setup and for some reason i can now hear the noise of the motors with them mounted horizontally on the radiators.

:(

what have you got fan wise to move air through case? if turn rad fans off?

in mine ive 3x Noctura 120's think Nf.p there the higher static pressure type(Came with rad) there just running flat off a 3pin and have 2 120's in the front and one rear fan rear runs of CPU header and PSU lying face up at bottom will move a little amount if comes to life?
My SSD's sit behind the front fans so get some air as what you don't want is heat soak where it just builds up my case is all Alloy so get some heat drain away with that as a cool/cold surface
But mine is pretty quiet more so since deposited Coolermaster Sickle scythes in my recycling bin(pc junk box)and put stock Lian li fans back in

Back
Top Bottom