Moving to new case

Associate
is there a rough guide some one can point me too when changing cases I feel quite over whelmed at the thought of taking it all to pieces an back together again .

I have just got a new case a 2060 and a modular psu so I dont have wires everywhere

Soldato
It's almost the same as building a completely new system in a case, if not entirely the same. So this thread with how-to-build videos should help: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/useful-videos-and-information.18801005/

If the PSU is fully modular you'll be able to attach the 24 pin ATX to the motherboard before mounting it, then the other end to the PSU later.

Other than that, spend some time with the new case doing nothing except visualizing the best routes for the cables and so on. When you think you have a good plan, then have a go.

If you state which case it is, maybe someone will have built in it and can offer some tips.

Associate
OP
Just make sure that you put the SATA cables back in the same sockets! Label them and take a photograph. If your SATA cables are different colours, that makes it easier too.

what I'd I did this wrong for example ? I'm bricking it. I have built one system an that was years ago (hence reason to upgrade)

Soldato
If you do it wrong your PC may not boot. Easily fixed by changing the SATA cables to the right sockets, of course, but it's better to get it right first time.

I had this problem not with SATA cable but with video cables when I moved my PC into the cupboard. I just tagged each video cable with a different colour tag, took a photo, moved the PC, and used that photo to ensure I got the monitor cables replaced correctly.

Soldato
The most important part is making sure motherboard's stand offs are in correct positions.
Those in wrong positions can cause shorts.
Though many cases likely come with them preinstalled into normal positions for ATX motherboards.

Back
Top Bottom