Hayfever - Thread

I haz 4090!
Don
can't remember where i read it but somebody said take your tablets at night, i been taking mine around 3:30am and i've been fine since lol

This works wonders for me too. The cat always wakes me up around 4am for her brekky, so I take my tablets then and I find I'm a lot better. Must be the benefit of having them in your system by the time you leave the house.

Soldato
Nasal sprays have never worked for me but using Pirinase after someone on forum recommended it has been a revelation. I avoid high histamine foods in summer but I’ve never had it so good as since the change to Pirinase.

Soldato
Nasal sprays have never worked for me but using Pirinase after someone on forum recommended it has been a revelation. I avoid high histamine foods in summer but I’ve never had it so good as since the change to Pirinase.

My nose was a literal river of snot from the high pollen and the antihistamines seemingly had no effect, so I went looking for a nasal spray ended up getting Prevalin as it was on offer in Morrisons and as soon as I used it, the hayfever was gone, haven't sneezed or had the slightest bit of a runny nose since I started using it, has a nice spearmint smell to it too so it's not unpleasant to spray up my nose

Associate
Put vaseline around your nostrils. I'm considering wearing a face mask when I go cycling.

not face mask but whatever the surgeons wear (And you see some tourists in london wear that too) - do you think that works?

Yesterday in the office the hayfever was really bad and they have couple of dogs - at home today and hayfever is under control.. no sneezing etc

Soldato
not face mask but whatever the surgeons wear (And you see some tourists in london wear that too) - do you think that works?

Yesterday in the office the hayfever was really bad and they have couple of dogs - at home today and hayfever is under control.. no sneezing etc

I think it's worth a try. I'd imagine most pollen enters the nasal passage because of breathing. I've not done it yet as mine has been subdued the past few weeks.

Associate
take the one a day tablets at night, it's been 4 weeks now since i started doing that and i haven't had a single sniffle and i normally embarrassingly drip and sneeze all over the place all day long and have a shirt that looks like a snails done a 10k marathon on it

in the past 30 years i've tried every tablet, spray, herbal, honey, red light up the nose, nasal filters, arm band, you name it, but taking the tablet (ceterezene) at night has got rid of it completely!

Soldato
My hayfever has started even earlier than usual this year. Started last weekend when the mild weather started and is gradually getting worse. Itchy eyes and sneezing.

Hopefully I should be fine be the end of march as it started so early

Soldato
Must find my bulk pack of cheap hayfever tablets bought from Amazon last year, been getting itchy eyes this last week. My nose has been running a lot too, but I think that's simply down to the lurgy that began ~2 weeks ago, which looked like it was gone but then came back again.

Associate
As someone who is basically immune to most cheap supermarket anti-histamines (they just make me drowsy and no better), I have to say Benadryl is the absolute GOAT of hayfever relief - just a shame its so bloody expensive due to the patent.

Back
Top Bottom