Snuff

Gog

Gog

Associate
One of my favourite bands and a great bunch of lads to boot. Potatoes and Melons Wholesale Prices Straight from the Lock Up was my first Napster download :)

Have agreed with my mate that whoever goes first has to have A***hole played at the funeral :p

Associate
I've tried to give up smoking multiple times and have always failed but just for a bit of an experiment I decided to buy some snuff and I have to admit I'm really enjoying it. I know it is still really bad for you but it has got to be better than smoking and inhaling all of that tar and stuff. It is a hell of a lot cheaper than rolling tobacco as well.

Does anyone else here use snuff and if so do you have recommendations / tips for a newbie?

I can think of one pretty obvious thing that might well make you give up pretty sharpish.

Soldato
Smoking is for idiots and yes I have smoked before and was an idiot.
I see people are work doing this they are mostly idiots also.

Soldato
I see people are work

mostly idiots

l0ft70gpry411.jpg

Soldato
What the hell is snuff? I've only ever heard the word on Antiques Roadshow.

I think if you rearrange the letters snuff = nu ffs.
It's one of those cyclic things that comes around every few decades like tattoo's, beards and earings/pearcings. Last time snuff did the rounds as the "latest new thing" was mid 70s.

Everyone is young and stupid at some point.

Soldato
OP
I think if you rearrange the letters snuff = nu ffs.
It's one of those cyclic things that comes around every few decades like tattoo's, beards and earings/pearcings. Last time snuff did the rounds as the "latest new thing" was mid 70s.

Everyone is young and stupid at some point.

From what I have read snuff is much better for your health than smoking so since I've failed giving up in other ways, I thought I'd try out snuff instead. Seems like a fairly logical thing to do. It isn't about being a trend just a practical way to solve a problem. Oh, and it is much MUCH cheaper than rolling tobacco which is a bonus.

Soldato
From what I have read snuff is much better for your health than smoking so since I've failed giving up in other ways, I thought I'd try out snuff instead. Seems like a fairly logical thing to do. It isn't about being a trend just a practical way to solve a problem. Oh, and it is much MUCH cheaper than rolling tobacco which is a bonus.

Wasnt intending to be judgemental. Just that these things come and go.

Associate

Yes, it is. Not healthy,but massively less unhealthy than smoking. Despite the ever-vociferous anti-tobacco folks' protests, there has never been a proven case of cancer attributed to nasal snuff. Almost all of the harm from smoking, comes from the smoke itself. Anything other than setting fire to vegetable matter is a win in this department.
I vape these days (and I honestly don't give a hoot what anyone else thinks of that), and I've used snuff quite a bit over the years, and found it enjoyable. It's good for those struggling to quit smoking, as it has the full range of tobacco alkaloids, whereas nicotine-only methods can leave the user feeling unsatisfied.
It's also quite delicious once you get used to the nose-burn. Irish high toast is my favourite plain one, and Wilson's SM or Aniseed/Eucalyptus for a scented one.

Mmm might have to pop down to the bar for a pinch now...

Soldato
White snuff, on a table with a straw.That gets some funny looks. A friend did it while his Police detective son looked on in horror from another table a while back... :p

Soldato
Finely-ground tobacco, which is usually scented. It's sniffed up the nose. Was very popular in Victorian times, and also the coal-mining heyday, as smoking down t'pit wasn't really a good idea...

And you get a far stronger "Hit" far more quickly than from smoking.

I am not a smoker, nor do I take snuff as a matter of routine, but I tried some snuff many years ago and after three of four snorts I was giggling stoned. :p

Makes a right mess of your hanky though.

And I dare say that long term use may have bad effects on your nose and sense of smell. (You do not want to lose your sense of smell, It is right up with hearing as a major sense loss :()

Soldato
Snuff and chewing tobacco were what all the real men down the mines used as you couldn't smoke underground. Obviously all you soft southern softies don't know this.

Back
Top Bottom