New Sofa vs Dog

Caporegime
Saw this and thought of GD:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/family-branded-heartless-after-explaining-14434217

A man named Nigel recently placed an advert on Gumtree , putting his family's six-year-old Jack Russell up for sale.

The dog, which the family have had since she was just a puppy, apparently has to go because they've just had their house refurbished and don't want her to mess up the new furniture.

ZfCY6Eg.jpg

What a bunch of ****s.

Now they don't specify in the advert, other than mentioning that the sofa is "really expensive and leather" ( :D ), but my money is on it also being a corner sofa complete with recliners....

Soldato
I volunteer for a dog rescue charity and that’s par the course for excuses of why people want to hand over their dogs really. Amongst such pearlers as “it won’t get off the settee” and “I didn’t know we’d have to feed it” and “we want to go on holiday and don’t want to pay for a boarding kennel, so can you look after it for a couple of weeks?”

Idiots like that are more common than the genuine cases, as genuine people will normally explore other options and view contacting rescue as a last resort.

Soldato
People get rid of dogs all the time , would it have made everybody less angry if they had lied and gave a reason people found more valid?

Soldato
Doesn't make it ok though?

It’s heartless and shallow but getting angry about it is a bit much, like I said , people get their knickers in a twist because they don’t find the reason valid yet would be ok if they agreed with the reasoning, it really doesn’t matter what the reason is because the end effect is still the same , the dog will (hopefully) find a new loving home

Caporegime
OP
People get rid of dogs all the time , would it have made everybody less angry if they had lied and gave a reason people found more valid?

Well yeah, of course it would. It’s the lack of a valid reason that has made the ad go viral to begin with.

Someone say reluctantly rehoming a dog because it has say shown aggression towards their newborn baby or their kid has serious allergies or perhaps because it belonged to a relative who died and they can’t look after it etc... is fairly reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom