Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Soldato
Yea her debut movie only made a billion dollars, fans obviously hate her :rolleyes:

3 things

1. This movie was pegged between the two biggest MCU to date and she was touted as being a linchpin for Endgame so people felt that they had to watch Captain Marvel or they might not understand some thing going into Endgame. Turns out you don't, it was baiting

2. Annoyance builds up over time. Since the film lunched there has been a constant drip feed of stories about how stuck up she's been on set and ******* off not only the men but the other women in the cast. And if she's going to Annoy all the other major players then this will cause problems down the line when she appears in other character movies.

3. Captain Marvel while making money, almost everyone universally (apart from a handful of sycophants) seemed to indicate she was the weakest part in her own movie. She certainly was for me. If she can't carry a movie on her own then subsequent movies are going to go downhill

Caporegime
Annoyance builds up over time. Since the film lunched there has been a constant drip feed of stories about how stuck up she's been on set and ******* off not only the men but the other women in the cast. And if she's going to Annoy all the other major players then this will cause problems down the line when she appears in other character movies.

I listen to movie podcasts a lot, the sort that often report cast and crew issues (beef between The Rock and Vin Diesel etc) and not once have I heard of her annoying other cast members.

I imagine it's the last lot of publicity for Downey, Hemsworth etc in their marvel careers so they won't care about throwing her under a bus if her behaviour is bad.

Just seems to be the same sniping from the same people who were claiming that Captain Marvel would be a massive failure.

Caporegime
3 things

1. This movie was pegged between the two biggest MCU to date and she was touted as being a linchpin for Endgame so people felt that they had to watch Captain Marvel or they might not understand some thing going into Endgame. Turns out you don't, it was baiting

2. Annoyance builds up over time. Since the film lunched there has been a constant drip feed of stories about how stuck up she's been on set and ******* off not only the men but the other women in the cast. And if she's going to Annoy all the other major players then this will cause problems down the line when she appears in other character movies.

3. Captain Marvel while making money, almost everyone universally (apart from a handful of sycophants) seemed to indicate she was the weakest part in her own movie. She certainly was for me. If she can't carry a movie on her own then subsequent movies are going to go downhill

It reads like you have some kind of vendetta against her than anything else.

As for annoyances builds up over time, hardly any time has passed between these 2 movies, and she has only been on 1 Avengers movie so that makes no sense whatsoever.

As for point 3, it’s subjective and you are entitled to your opinion. Although not sure where you got this “everyone universally” from other than fake news as if that’s true, did you take a poll on all the people who have seen the film or are you just making that up base on 2 random opinion piece on the internet? Because base on the ticket sales your first sentence is just Faldo and also, she won best actress Oscar so she has carried a movie. So while subjectively you can think that, objectively you are wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
I listen to movie podcasts a lot, the sort that often report cast and crew issues (beef between The Rock and Vin Diesel etc) and not once have I heard of her annoying other cast members.

I imagine it's the last lot of publicity for Downey, Hemsworth etc in their marvel careers so they won't care about throwing her under a bus if her behaviour is bad.

Just seems to be the same sniping from the same people who were claiming that Captain Marvel would be a massive failure.
Nobody claimed it would be a massive failure, everyone knew it would be a huge success boxoffice wise due to it being MCU and landing between Infinity War and End Game, they could have had ANY CHARACTER from the MCU and it would have banked a billion in the same scenario. What people actually said (if you bothered to read rather than white knight) was that she would be poor in the role, dull, lifeless, emotionless etc and that any number of female actresses would have been far better (which is entirely true). They also would have done it without the awful SJW baggage that comes with Brie.

Soldato
Nobody claimed it would be a massive failure, everyone knew it would be a huge success boxoffice wise due to it being MCU and landing between Infinity War and End Game, they could have had ANY CHARACTER from the MCU and it would have banked a billion in the same scenario. What people actually said (if you bothered to read rather than white knight) was that she would be poor in the role, dull, lifeless, emotionless etc and that any number of female actresses would have been far better (which is entirely true). They also would have done it without the awful SJW baggage that comes with Brie.

Looking back this is what give massive credit to Gal Gadot when she was doing the press rounds for Wonder Woman. Other women were bleating on about feminism and first women lead superhero blah blah blah. But Gal herself was very measured and came across as likeable and humble. I was sceptical at first when she was cast but she totally won me over in her own movie and I thought she was by far the best thing about Justice League. She didn't get involved in the social politics and let her acting do the talking.

If you look at the two the differences are night and day

Oh and Raymonds_Lins accusation i had a 'vendetta' lol what a joke, i only say it as i see it. And i must be the guy who spends the lest time on these MCU threads, try debating the game, not the player :rolleyes:

LOL, looking back at the CM thread looks like i said all of the above before, boy do i have a short memory :D

Spot on, Brie supporters are ignoring all of this and calling everyone "man-babies" on this, it's 2016 Ghostbusters all over again, yeah look how well that turned out :rolleyes:

Here's the review from "white man-baby" Chris Stuckmann who Brie doesn't want his opinon on her movie :p:

Chris is usually spot on, i agree with him 90% of the time but you can see all of his criticism you can see in the trailer

I have to be honest, hand on heart, Gal Gadot won me over as WW. In BvS i was worried when she was announced as WW, as all the previous movies she's been in she was incredibly wooden and a bit of a skinny rake. She did OK in BvS but i was still worried as she didn't have a big part and i found it hard to understand her as when she talked it sounded like she was chewing marbles. In WW she looked so much better (She looked stunning) and her acting came along in leaps and bounds. And most importantly she played WW with so much heart i was willing to give her another go. And in JL she was easily the best part of the movie. I loved how she became the 'mother' of the group and was the glue keeping them together. At this point i realised she was a fantastic WW.

That's how you win people over. Taking the trolls and criticism on the chin, ignoring them and proving them wrong and not rising to the bait. Unfortunately Brie didn't learn these important lessons, all she had to do is say that she movie was for anyone who wants to see it and she'll do her best for the part and i would have been there opening weekend.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I thought she was decent in the role but not spectacular, much like many MCU characters. I’m sure she’ll do well and I haven’t heard of any issues about her on set either.

Caporegime
Looking back this is what give massive credit to Gal Gadot when she was doing the press rounds for Wonder Woman. Other women were bleating on about feminism and first women lead superhero blah blah blah. But Gal herself was very measured and came across as likeable and humble. I was sceptical at first when she was cast but she totally won me over in her own movie and I thought she was by far the best thing about Justice League. She didn't get involved in the social politics and let her acting do the talking.

If you look at the two the differences are night and day

Oh and Raymonds_Lins accusation i had a 'vendetta' lol what a joke, i only say it as i see it. And i must be the guy who spends the lest time on these MCU threads, try debating the game, not the player :rolleyes:

LOL, looking back at the CM thread looks like i said all of the above before, boy do i have a short memory :D

Like I said, you found an opinion piece and took it as fact.

Caporegime
So far, I've watched the following in preparation for End Game, with my wife who had only seen some of the more recent ones.

Captain America: First Avenger
Avengers
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War

Just got infinity War to go.

I'm know there were some important infinity stone movies that were missed (GOTG and Dr Strange) but I thought these were some of the better ones.

In hind-sight, Age of Ultron does a lot of the moving pieces in to place, but the dialogue was often too clever for it's own good and I think the action is better in the Captain America movies. It's the first movie where Tony mentions the "End game" in the barn talking to Nick Fury.

Caporegime
Ticket booked for Thursday night at a cosy Everyman, managed to avoid all trailers and anything to do with this, going in totally blind :D

Wow that's impressive! My idea is my memory isn't the best so I will forget most of the stuff I see in the trailers :o.

None of my friends want to go with me to the first screening tomorrow evening, even my fiance. Screw them :D!

Back
Top Bottom