How good is Skyr!

Associate
Im bored so I thought I would just share how much I love this stuff. Just polished a full pot off, on its own with nothing added.

Try it if you haven't already.

Associate
OP
I have the Vanilla with chopped up Banana in the afternoon.

Bananas are the devils work :) On a more serious note I do really dislike them and every smoothie bar a couple have them in, for obvious reasons given the bulk they provide. I really liked the Kiwi/Lime innocent smoothie but it was just too expensive and full of calories/sugar/fat/crap, yes some is natural from the fruit but plenty wasn't. Plain old Skyr though I love so problem solved, and not a banana in sight :)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

. I really liked the Kiwi/Lime innocent smoothie but it was just too expensive and full of calories/sugar/fat/crap, yes some is natural from the fruit but plenty wasn't.

Erm, innocent smoothies don't have any added sugar.

Associate
OP
Erm, innocent smoothies don't have any added sugar.

I did say the sugar was natural. But im not a fan of sugar in general.

Never call it Skyr within earshot of an Icelander as it’s nothing like the genuine stuff and they get the raving hump.

Yeah I know but every country has that dont they. I mean when I leave Scotland I cant find decent shortbread or heroin for love nor money!

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
I really liked the Kiwi/Lime innocent smoothie but it was just too expensive and full of calories/sugar/fat/crap, yes some is natural from the fruit but plenty wasn't.

Natural sugar, sure, other crap, not seeing it personally.

Ingredients
  • 4 Pressed Apples,
  • 1 Mashed Bananas,
  • 20 White Grapes,
  • 1/2 a Crushed Mango,
  • 1/2 a Crushed Kiwi (6%),
  • Some squeezed Cucumber Juice,
  • A dash of Spirulina Extract,
  • Some milled Flax Seeds (0.4%),
  • A squeeze of Lime Juice (0.2%),
  • A dash of Safflower Extract,
  • A dash of Matcha Green Tea Infusion (0.05%),
  • And some Vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B6 & E)

Associate
OP
Natural sugar, sure, other crap, not seeing it personally.

Ingredients
  • 4 Pressed Apples,
  • 1 Mashed Bananas,
  • 20 White Grapes,
  • 1/2 a Crushed Mango,
  • 1/2 a Crushed Kiwi (6%),
  • Some squeezed Cucumber Juice,
  • A dash of Spirulina Extract,
  • Some milled Flax Seeds (0.4%),
  • A squeeze of Lime Juice (0.2%),
  • A dash of Safflower Extract,
  • A dash of Matcha Green Tea Infusion (0.05%),
  • And some Vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B6 & E)

I wasnt specifically having a pop at innocent smoothies, could have worded it better. Also they must have changed the recipe since I last bought it because they never used to have evil bananas in them.

Really don't like the consistency of it. Definitely not buying it again.

Its just like thick yoghurt, although you do really need to give a right good stir before eating.

Got three 450g pots delivered this morning, better be good........

No pressure OP!

Haha no doubt youll hate it, I like weird things that no-one else seems to like :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
with more hipster-friendly branding on the package, then?
indeed seems it is a strained yoghurt, but plain yoghurt can be a bit bland, so if you have concentrated lactose, like condensed milk?, could be nice.

[
Innocent was guilty - oxymoron
guess I had not realised it, and innocent in particular, was more sugar than 7-up -
they had a distinctive new add on tv last night & there was a wall off innocent stuff in Waitrose.
]

Associate
OP
Prefer eating it (or quark) instead of drinking a shake since it's more or less pure protein.

Ive never tried Quark, whats it like? I read its like cheese but acts like cream, whatever that means!

Im awful at eating breakfasts so I can just sit with a tub of Skyr and a spoon and thats me until lunch. Bit healthier than my roll and square sausage and tattie scone and sauce.

Back
Top Bottom