** Official Days Gone Thread **

Associate
Been put off by this, listened to the IGN UK Podcast on my daily commute and they were not wholly impressed. Citing shooting mechanics to be poor, typical storyline and nothing groundbreaking and the game feels like it released several years ago. Closing point was a poorer version of The Last of Us with no gravitas.

Going to cancel pre-order and if they're wrong I'll just wait until a sale.

Associate
Been put off by this, listened to the IGN UK Podcast on my daily commute and they were not wholly impressed. Citing shooting mechanics to be poor, typical storyline and nothing groundbreaking and the game feels like it released several years ago. Closing point was a poorer version of The Last of Us with no gravitas.

Going to cancel pre-order and if they're wrong I'll just wait until a sale.
That doesnt sound too good at all. Shame if its a flop, was getting the wife to buy me it for my birthday!

Associate
Got a feeling this is going to be disappointing. Watched the world vid yesterday and it looks like it’s going to look pretty ropey. Got a feeling it will be lacking visually, with a pretty rubbish story, poor performance and bugs. Hope I’m mistaken though.

I remember when I first saw it (think it was one of the first pro advertised games) it looked like a day1 purchase but after the huge delays and lack of buzz I’ll wait for reviews.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been looking forwards to this for ages (even though I got the feeling it was a AA game and not a AAA), and the fact there's gonna be no reviews until the day before release has me worried.

Think I'll sit and wait and see what people say instead of pre-ordering.

Soldato
Been looking forwards to this for ages (even though I got the feeling it was a AA game and not a AAA), and the fact there's gonna be no reviews until the day before release has me worried.

Think I'll sit and wait and see what people say instead of pre-ordering.

I've always been concerned for this one but I wouldn't say the review thing is always an issue. It's fairly common place now tbh. Sekiro was day before release and that got pretty much universal praise from the critics.

It is odd though as a Sony exclusive. God of War reviews landed over a week before the games launch date.

We will see. I think it will be a decent "one of those" open world games. I don't see it doing anything to push the genre forward but then maybe it doesn't have to. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing how its received. I hope it's good enough for those that have been waiting a while for it.

Back
Top Bottom