Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
I never really considered the performance issues, etc. the worst problems with the game - though the mouse input as per release was horrid and last I checked they still hadn't fixed some issues like ADS scaling.

The game mechanics and UI are just too fragmented and sometimes not intuitive and often not unified in approach either - what works for one thing might not work for another - making it a chore or just frustrating to play.

What do you mean by that? I thought it felt similar enough to DX:HR - which was the best game I played of its time.

Man of Honour
Don't find it like DX:HR myself - not sure I can describe it better without firing up the game again - everything just felt so messy and random UI wise.

Soldato
Bought this on release but couldn't play it due to horrendous performance. Tried again last week and still the same. Ive tried it on high and medium settings.
Specs 6700k 16gb ram 1080 hybrid on 3440x1440.

Man of Honour
Tried my settings? - think I reposted them a page back or so.

What I've played of the game performance was OK using them without too much hit to image quality - 2560x1440 but GTX1070.

There are 1-2 settings that seem to make the game feel very sluggish and low framerate feeling when enabled even at supposedly playable framerates.

Soldato
Bought this on release but couldn't play it due to horrendous performance. Tried again last week and still the same. Ive tried it on high and medium settings.
Specs 6700k 16gb ram 1080 hybrid on 3440x1440.

I have a i7-4770K, no clue if our CPU is that much different though. Same amount of ram and display but using a 1080Ti. Performance is more then satisfying for me. Have no clue if it will help you but added my settings in the spoiler, incase it does, since the game is great and if you played HR before (and enjoyed it), I am sure you will enjoy MD as well. :cool:

yaYyxQh.jpg
EdMAaQU.jpg
oMvhW3k.jpg

Soldato
Hmm got a question. I'm back for the third time now in Prague, rather chaotic getting around and all but.. I got back to my apartment, and went to the merchant there, had to empty part of my backpack and thought he probably have more praxis kits but nope, none. Looked at the deusex wikia and it does say he suppose to have 1 kit on the third visit, but nada. Is this just a glitch, or game just decided "no more praxis kit for you old boy !" :p

It also said on the wikia that he frequently glitch and forgets which day it is and simplest way to reset him is to knock him out but it didn't work, still no praxis kit. :(

So, was wondering, anyone else experienced this as well ?? Or know why it is this way ??

Edit: Should read all hits on google before coming here. Seems it is a bug and taking the Metro back and forth after having seen him does reset him, just did it and he had new stocks and the Praxis Kit, so all good now. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Just fired this up and giving this my first proper play through. I only played the Dubai mission when it first came out and I didn't play it again until now.

I'm only running a GTX 970 and it is running pretty smooth on high settings at 1080p. I have got to Prague and just completed a load of side missions before actually setting off to do the main one by visiting TF29.

I couldn't work out why for the most part in Prague why I couldn't access my guns, until I realised I had to use the quick inventory menu I think it is called which was mapped by default to V on the keyboard. Feel ashamed I coudlnt figure that out, but did the side missions on the first bit of Prague in stealth anyway.

Now I'm at TF29 I found my first bug at the shooting range. I cant seem to select the EMP ammo for thr pistol despite having just been shown in the tutorial. It asks me to press Y to change ammo after picking up the EMP ammo and it does nothing.

Man of Honour
Just fired this up and giving this my first proper play through. I only played the Dubai mission when it first came out and I didn't play it again until now.

I'm only running a GTX 970 and it is running pretty smooth on high settings at 1080p. I have got to Prague and just completed a load of side missions before actually setting off to do the main one by visiting TF29.

I couldn't work out why for the most part in Prague why I couldn't access my guns, until I realised I had to use the quick inventory menu I think it is called which was mapped by default to V on the keyboard. Feel ashamed I coudlnt figure that out, but did the side missions on the first bit of Prague in stealth anyway.

Now I'm at TF29 I found my first bug at the shooting range. I cant seem to select the EMP ammo for thr pistol despite having just been shown in the tutorial. It asks me to press Y to change ammo after picking up the EMP ammo and it does nothing.

I ran into several bugs in the pistol range.

Prepare for no questions to be answered and many new questions. Cool game, frustrating story.

Associate
I didn't bother with the range as I didn't think you could steal anything.
And the cabinet outside only held a Battle Rifle and pistol which I already had. Aria's safe, (just behind it, easy hack) has a few grenades in it though, including a handy EMP.

Caporegime
Story should have been a lot better, felt like a filler episode.

It is. 2nd part of Adam Jensen's trilogy. But because no-one bought it on release (mainly due to all the technical problems) it mostly flopped and the powers that be decided to put it on hold. We do really need that third entry to finish the story and get it properly tied to Deus Ex with Paul & JC Denton.

Soldato
I ran into several bugs in the pistol range.

Prepare for no questions to be answered and many new questions. Cool game, frustrating story.

Yeah I heard this was the case when the game first came out. I hope it is at least good as Human Revolution, as I liked that a lot, even though it is not as good as the first game.

I didn't bother with the range as I didn't think you could steal anything.
And the cabinet outside only held a Battle Rifle and pistol which I already had. Aria's safe, (just behind it, easy hack) has a few grenades in it though, including a handy EMP.

I might just skip it then. Thanks for the tips.

It is. 2nd part of Adam Jensen's trilogy. But because no-one bought it on release (mainly due to all the technical problems) it mostly flopped and the powers that be decided to put it on hold. We do really need that third entry to finish the story and get it properly tied to Deus Ex with Paul & JC Denton.

Yeah I want to see it join up with the original first game. Maybe there is a possibility we could see more of a backstory to Paul Denton too? I'd love to see the beginnings of unatco, the nsf, mj12 etc. I know there are small bits of information that alludes to mj12 in Human Revolution (I think) but it would be nice to see all those things from the first game in their beginnings.

Caporegime
Yeah I want to see it join up with the original first game. Maybe there is a possibility we could see more of a backstory to Paul Denton too? I'd love to see the beginnings of unatco, the nsf, mj12 etc. I know there are small bits of information that alludes to mj12 in Human Revolution (I think) but it would be nice to see all those things from the first game in their beginnings.

That would be my hope that Gunther, Anna and Paul would feature as well as more of Joseph Manderley and Bob Page.

Associate
I have a i7-4770K, no clue if our CPU is that much different though. Same amount of ram and display but using a 1080Ti. Performance is more then satisfying for me. Have no clue if it will help you but added my settings in the spoiler, incase it does, since the game is great and if you played HR before (and enjoyed it), I am sure you will enjoy MD as well. :cool:

yaYyxQh.jpg
EdMAaQU.jpg
oMvhW3k.jpg
Hi mate.
Are you using D11 or D12?
Which build shall I use? There is a lot of them...

Soldato
Hi mate.
Are you using D11 or D12?
Which build shall I use? There is a lot of them...

Hi there,

I was using D11 and as to what build, just go for what you like. I was doing a stealth run so tried to pick what would suit me doing that. If you prefer to kill all, pick what will help you with that. One thing though that I tried to do ASAP is getting full storage, but then again I'm a bit of a loot hoarder. :o Another useful one to get is the one that lets you jump, can't recall the name for it though. Another thing to mention is that if you want to save up on coins, to by extra points for augmentations don't pick up duplicate guns, if you already have pistol and picking up a second one it gets broken down into ammunition. So if you need gold, run back and forth to the shops, takes a bit of time but gives you coins.

Have fun !

Back
Top Bottom