What have you done to your car today?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Changed the ABS sensor, finally :D

rps20190419_151250_891.jpg

TIL: sleeping bags make excellent padding to lie down on when working on the car.

Soldato
I just fitted some B8 rear shocks with new top mounts. Banging has gone from the rear. Very pleased.

I wanted to get the top mounts done on the front. But the mechanic I hired to do that job whilst I sorted the rear decided to farm the job to "one of his lads" who decided that he had better things to do than earn some easy money.

Oh well. Will do them myself tomorrow :/

Soldato
Had the alignment sorted on mine today, plus bought myself some discs and pads for the rear/ pads for the front, to be carried out at a point in the nearish future when I can actually be bothered.

Fiesta needs a condenser and has a squeaking top mount so potentially going to just refresh the 4 shocks/springs too whilst I'm doing something on it.

Not really touched either car for the best part of two years before this month, hard to complain really

Soldato
First ever attempt to service a car yesterday. Went well.

Air filter, oil change, oil filter, spark plugs and cabin filter.

Adding that to the discs and pads I did for the first time a couple of months ago and I feel like I'm doing quite well.

New tyre on Tuesday and then MOT booked on Wednesday.

Could have done with one of those ratchets with the hinged heads and some longer extensions so might look out for those.

Soldato
How many times have you changed the suspension now? I'm so baffled.
Too many times.

Fitted B12 Kit.
Had to remove as wife refused to go in car due to the bumps (was pregnant at the time)
Refitted B8 up front
new B8's on rear (was happy to stay B4, but the mounts were dead)

Caporegime
Went for a drive around the countryside near Goodwood and slightly to the north east of Goodwood, found some truly excellent roads and ended at a nice pub called The Fox Runs Free, about to sample the food.

I may have to organise a southern car run. :)

Just need to sort out where the meeting point would be, and the first part leading into the run. And try and eradicate the town centre bit in Petworth.

Soldato
Went for a drive around the countryside near Goodwood and slightly to the north east of Goodwood, found some truly excellent roads and ended at a nice pub called The Fox Runs Free, about to sample the food.

I may have to organise a southern car run. :)

Just need to sort out where the meeting point would be, and the first part leading into the run. And try and eradicate the town centre bit in Petworth.
May as well go to the half moon in kidford whilst you're over there. Jodie Kidd's pub which often has nice cars outside. Might be an idea as a lunch spot for a southern meet.

It's been on my list to try for ages, make it happen Tom!

Caporegime
Currently changing gearbox and clutch as my Saab lunched it's 5th gear. Garage is a mess at the moment. It is so much easier on RWD! Am only one engine mount/ coolant drain from actually removing the whole engine!

34p66Qjr.jpg

A week later and with a very sore back gearbox is all in. Also threw in a new Sachs clutch. At least I will have no doubts in the back of mind if I want to remap it to Stage 3+. Most time consuming thing is my OCD as I hate putting dirty parts back in! Boot is full and off to the tip with all the rubbish I have accumulated over the past week.

zMrkyDPr.jpg

Soldato
It is so much easier on RWD!
Another good excuse for RWD I must remember next time I'm looking, pic of the SAAB in question?

All I said was that the Volvo doesn't handle as ****ly as I expected it would,
nobody will ever believe me but I lost a BMW M series on the s bends in the black mountains. Was a super old volvo, not arguing anything except I knew the road far better as it was my route to work and also knew my car and he was just dropping pedal and running upto 100 on the straights which anyone can do

Last edited:
Soldato
Another good excuse for RWD I must remember next time I'm looking, pic of the SAAB in question?

nobody will ever believe me but I lost a BMW M series on the s bends in the black mountains. Was a super old volvo, not arguing anything except I knew the road far better as it was my route to work and also knew my car and he was just dropping pedal and running upto 100 on the straights which anyone can do

Did you have a cup of water on the dash? :D

Back
Top Bottom