• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No Man's Sky Adds Vulkan support

Soldato
Is there a dx11 comparison. Games built from the ground up with Vulkan are what I want to see. Really seems to bring the best out in AMD hardware and in most games Nvidia as well. Wwz is looking bad on NV atm but maybe a driver will change that.

Soldato
Still don't know why they even used OpenGL. I guess they originally planned on Mac support, but with Apple no longer updating OpenGL it's a lost cause.

Soldato
Still don't know why they even used OpenGL. I guess they originally planned on Mac support, but with Apple no longer updating OpenGL it's a lost cause.

PS4 focused game (the PS4 uses modified Opening as the primary render for obvious reasons) Tiny team so prob only had 1 or 2 dedicated graphic programmers, the much greater complexity of Valkun/D12 that with all the other stuff that needed to be fixed and added, stuff like Valkun fell into the "would be nice pool"

Soldato
It's sad that it takes such a pummeling from the press/consumers for games to be supported so long after launch. All the updates from the developer (and some part Sony I guess) are to deflect some of the negative image of the game. Wish more developers would publish new content/updates to games for so long even if they are well recieved :p

Soldato
It's still nowhere near what it should be though. It's just an endless amount of copy/pasted planets with the colours changed :/

They could have at least made the structures procedurally generated like Elite. Visiting the exact same building a million times gets kinda old.

Back
Top Bottom