• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RIP Nvidia - PC Gaming ?

Permabanned
Navi. Both consoles use AMD hardware.

If xbox format games are going to be the new normal on PC, then say goodbye to support for any Nvidia specific features in the majority of games (DLSS and RTX could be rather short lived).

Remember that RTX is just Nvidia's DLSS and Microsoft's DXR support wrapped up under a new name. DXR will carry on, while DLSS will probably lose out to Microsoft's Machine Learning.

Soldato
Remember that RTX is just Nvidia's DLSS and Microsoft's DXR support wrapped up under a new name. DXR will carry on, while DLSS will probably lose out to Microsoft's Machine Learning.
Unless MS has plans on using DXR in next gen consoles it's pretty much a dead side project they were doing if gaming was the focus.

Man of Honour
Unless MS has plans on using DXR in next gen consoles it's pretty much a dead side project they were doing if gaming was the focus.

I doubt DXR is going anywhere - ultimately ray tracing is the future. DXR has a fallback mode as well though obviously far less capable without appropriate hardware.

Soldato
There has been hints from a few developers.

Polyphony is about as far from MS as the north and south poles on a magnet.
https://wccftech.com/gran-turismo-polyphony-raytracing/

But if there was a reason why I would get a PS5 it would be for Grand Turismo 6. No doubt about it.
Right now with GT Sport they are faking RT with their replays. And to be honest, no PC racing game comes close to the level of fluidity and IQ they offer on PS4. Real shame too, because it shows how far down development has come to PC games :(.

Yeah, it's really like that. It would be nice to see this level of detail on PC one day...

Last edited:
Soldato
Actually wondering now, if RDR2 was properly optimised and released on the PC if it would look better and run solid 60fps?

I tried Forza Horizon 4 on my laptop last night, all maxed out with 8x MSAA, and I think the graphics quality is better than on the XBOX One X in this instance, at the native res of 2880 x 1620 it was almost pegged at 60FPS! So at 4K and reducing the AA which isn't needed as much it'll still be pegged at almost 60FPS, twice as fast as XB1X.

I expected my laptop to lag at that res.

Caporegime
Actually wondering now, if RDR2 was properly optimised and released on the PC if it would look better and run solid 60fps?

I tried Forza Horizon 4 on my laptop last night, all maxed out with 8x MSAA, and I think the graphics quality is better than on the XBOX One X in this instance, at the native res of 2880 x 1620 it was almost pegged at 60FPS! So at 4K and reducing the AA which isn't needed as much it'll still be pegged at almost 60FPS, twice as fast as XB1X.

I expected my laptop to lag at that res.

It’s a racing game, they don’t tend to push hardware at all (I mean from the get go, obviously you can turn on 10198338x AA and ruin it). Whih is entirely why the likes of Sony and Microsoft push them out so soon after the release of new consoles, easily developed and easily shows the available power of the tech.

Though mind you horizon is semi open world I think, so maybe it stands a better chance of hitting the gpu a bit more than usual.

Soldato
It’s a racing game, they don’t tend to push hardware at all (I mean from the get go, obviously you can turn on 10198338x AA and ruin it). Whih is entirely why the likes of Sony and Microsoft push them out so soon after the release of new consoles, easily developed and easily shows the available power of the tech.

Though mind you horizon is semi open world I think, so maybe it stands a better chance of hitting the gpu a bit more than usual.

Horizon is fully open world, you can literally go everywhere on the map, you can slam through traditional English stone walls in the lake district or through the central reservation o the M62, bit unrealistic in that way but I'd have thought it'd be a real stress on a system.

Soldato

Massively disagree with you. HORIZON is fully open world and has the graphcis to complete with the best of games.

Fully maxed out its a masterpiece. And it's performance is excellent, a proper showcase for DirectX 12

Soldato
I forget about this thread after updated my VHD to 1903 latest build.

I just had another attempt to join State of Decay and finally got a slot and downloaded State of Decay. Played it for a bit and found it boring.

Look like it ran a lot faster than Xbox One, frame rate not capped and it did not used anti aliasing.

Here some screenshots.

9L8qGAF.png

idGiL8N.png

HHyooe1.png

x901ETm.png

Associate
Polyphony is about as far from MS as the north and south poles on a magnet.
https://wccftech.com/gran-turismo-polyphony-raytracing/

But if there was a reason why I would get a PS5 it would be for Grand Turismo 6. No doubt about it.
Right now with GT Sport they are faking RT with their replays. And to be honest, no PC racing game comes close to the level of fluidity and IQ they offer on PS4. Real shame too, because it shows how far down development has come to PC games :(.

Yeah, it's really like that. It would be nice to see this level of detail on PC one day...
I agree with shankly, horizon looks way better graphically.

Hell id say project cars 2 looks better

Soldato
Windows 10 gaming should just be a high-end Xbox.

Have Linux be the natural home for "anything goes" distribution mechanisms and APIs, and the associated upsides and downsides those bring.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom