Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (TABS)

Soldato
This game is one of the best I have played in the last year. Its so addictive, ludicrously funny in a Monty Python humour way and I am surprised it doesnt seem to have its own thread. One of those games you can pick up for ten minutes and when you look at the clock couple of hours have gone by unnoticed.
and yes its in Early Access (that dreaded phrase) so its not even completed yet !

The faces and look on the soldiers is eerily scary yet in another way LOL. It reminds me of the Knights of Ni for some reason. The outcome of some of the battles can be unexpected. One battle was against an ambush of Squires and I got the upper hand the only enemy Squire left was stuck in a tree and he single handed beat my remaining 12 soldiers.

This is a guilty secret of a hidden gem. (same publisher that created Totally Accurate Battlegrounds)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/508440/Totally_Accurate_Battle_Simulator/

https://landfall.se/earlyaccess

https://www.youtube.com/landfallgames

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
My nine year old son keeps asking me to get this as his favourite Youtubers are playing it.

Yeah I think thats the biggest pulling audience my kids wanted it to.

I dont understand how these types of games are fun.

Its just set some options and watch a video for 10 mins?

Its not for everyone of course I find it quite addictive trying different soldiers. To show an example I dont like the Mass Effect games never got on with them find them boring. Also dare I say it cant stand The Witcher.

Soldato
Yeah I think thats the biggest pulling audience my kids wanted it to.

Its not for everyone of course I find it quite addictive trying different soldiers. To show an example I dont like the Mass Effect games never got on with them find them boring. Also dare I say it cant stand The Witcher.

Me neither they are both boring as sin lol

Soldato
OP
Entertainment value, doesnt have to look good to be a good game plenty out there, its a one guy Indie game that started out as a joke. Think Ravenfield. Dont believe me, check out the Very Positive reviews on Steam. These games are a bit Marmite you either get it or you dont.

Soldato
Entertainment value, doesnt have to look good to be a good game plenty out there, its a one guy Indie game that started out as a joke. Think Ravenfield. Dont believe me, check out the Very Positive reviews on Steam. These games are a bit Marmite you either get it or you dont.

No need to step up to the plate to defend it bud!

If people don't get it, or like the look or concept that's their choice.

For me this game is more enjoyable to watch than actually play (twitch etc.) The animation and art style really tickle me.

Soldato
I'm still slightly confused, so you do set up your army in some kind of preparation phase and then just hit play and the battle plays out? Or do you interact with the battle too?

Associate
My son had been talking about this recently, so I bought it for him as an Easter present. I blame DanTDM! :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom