World Snooker Championship 2019

Caporegime
The big one starts tomorrow. Looking forward to two whole weeks of glorious snooker. Would love another Ronnie win, but he seems to be struggling with very long tournaments like the worlds over the past few years, so can’t see it unfortunately.

My fancy is Neil Robertson. He’s had a great season and would have won a lot more biggies if it weren’t for Ronnie. He looked supreme in the China open recently. Definitely a runner.

Can’t see Selby and Trump winning. Bingham been solid this season.

Possible first round upsets could see Higgins go out to Mark Davis, Murphy to Honghao, Ding to McGill and I think Gould has got a good chance against the defending champ, Williams. First round draw here http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/Matches/Index/14071/betfred-world-championship-2019

Whatever happens, it should be a great two weeks action!

Soldato
I think Ronnie still has one more in him (and for a player of his quality he should have more) and he’s coming into this in probably the best form he has ever had. It is the length of the matches and tournament that is the big negative though, he’s always susceptible to losing it in one session and before you know it he’s out.

Trump or Ding surely have to win this at some point must be the 2 best players from the newer generation of players never to lift it, Judd has been in reasonable form this season he should be there or there abouts.

Soldato
As crap as Shaun Murphy is now, he needs to stay in as long possible to keep him out of the commentary box. :p

I suspect the winner will be someone who has won it before. I can't see any noobs coming through. :/

Caporegime
OP
Come on Ronnie, let’s get going. No more time for mucking about.

Is it me or is the HD picture on Eurosport miles better than the BBC2 feed? BBC looks almost SD in comparison.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom