Dashcams!

Underboss
Quick opinions on the Nextbase Duo please? Need a front and rear camera setup for the missus asap. She parked in a car park in B'ham a few weeks ago and got back to the car to find that some jockey had squeezed down the side of her and blatantly ran all down the side of it... Stopped in traffic on the M6 a few days ago and some guy in a van hits her from behind, then gets arsey with her claiming there's no damage when there clearly is :rolleyes:
Some opinions on a good cam would be appreciated, thanks.

sorry to hear this

now that your getting a dashcam, you know you wont get anything like this again , its the law ;) :D

seriously though, dont get that camera, the camera for the rear is at the front of the car so it has to "zoom in" which creates an Orthodox view and is more useless, get a front and rear separately

Soldato
I fitted a Blackvue DR590 2 channel cam last Sunday. Also bought the power supply thingy - runs cam for set period or when battery drops under a certain voltage.

Fitted into a 2017 F31. Wasn't too hard with just 3 wires. Took couple of hours as took my time and dropped a screw into the inner skin of the car which took some getting out :D

Clear picture with audio. Has a park mode and detects motion.

Soldato
sorry to hear this

now that your getting a dashcam, you know you wont get anything like this again , its the law ;) :D

seriously though, dont get that camera, the camera for the rear is at the front of the car so it has to "zoom in" which creates an Orthodox view and is more useless, get a front and rear separately
That was my concern, the zoom on the rear, it's a no go then?

I fitted a Blackvue DR590 2 channel cam last Sunday. Also bought the power supply thingy - runs cam for set period or when battery drops under a certain voltage.

Fitted into a 2017 F31. Wasn't too hard with just 3 wires. Took couple of hours as took my time and dropped a screw into the inner skin of the car which took some getting out :D

Clear picture with audio. Has a park mode and detects motion.
I've had blackvue before, will look into this, thanks.

Soldato
Still using a Xiaomi Yi Dashcam 1080p on my old 2004 Focus 1.6 Petrol. Just have it plugged it to the cigarette lighter so stays on 24/7. Looking to replace the focus with a Mk3 leon so will get it hardwired then.

Soldato
Still using a Xiaomi Yi Dashcam 1080p on my old 2004 Focus 1.6 Petrol. Just have it plugged it to the cigarette lighter so stays on 24/7. Looking to replace the focus with a Mk3 leon so will get it hardwired then.

I've been wondering about this as when I park up I unplug mine, does it not run your battery down overnight?

Soldato
I've been wondering about this as when I park up I unplug mine, does it not run your battery down overnight?
Not enough to stop it from starting the car the next morning. I have left it for a week untouched and that drained the battery but since I drive it everyday, it's recharged anyway.

Soldato
Good to know, thanks for the reply.

As my car is in daily use I shouldn't have an issue then because the least I drive it daily is about 70 miles so the battery should be recharged everytime I go out.

Back
Top Bottom