**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Still can't wait to upgrade this phone the lag is tragic.

Upgrade to the p3 or away from it ? I had a bit of lag since the march update. Seemed to be better after a reboot. In the end I made sure I had a cloud back up and then did a wipe and restore. Seemed to fix things .

I am using the new p3xl (black ) I got yesterday and restored a Google backup again Zero lag.

So I wonder if like a pc it just needs a format

Soldato
Ive had pixel 3 since release and want to move away from it, the lag when trying to use a number of social media apps is unacceptable in 2019. I cant help but feel its a ram issue.

Soldato
Pretty tempting if I can also blag the £75 discount. Difference between regular and XL is just the screen size and resolution with different battery capacities as far as I can tell?

With the notch being so gastly on the XL I can see myself "turning it off" anyway with the software so bezels would be similar in my use case.

Soldato
Pretty tempting if I can also blag the £75 discount. Difference between regular and XL is just the screen size and resolution with different battery capacities as far as I can tell?

With the notch being so gastly on the XL I can see myself "turning it off" anyway with the software so bezels would be similar in my use case.

Notch is a beast but you do get used to it. Give it a try. The standard p3 is £379 and notchless

Soldato
Ive had pixel 3 since release and want to move away from it, the lag when trying to use a number of social media apps is unacceptable in 2019. I cant help but feel its a ram issue.

Dunno if you saw my post but try a backup and and restore and see if that fixes things. I think if it was a wide spread issue you would hear more on it.

Soldato
Notch is a beast but you do get used to it. Give it a try. The standard p3 is £379 and notchless

Yeah going to pop into a shop and see how they handle since it's basically the screen and associated battery that's different about these as far as I can tell. It didn't bother me on the P30 Pro that I returned but this one is certainly a lot bigger.

If I can get £75 off as well then it's a tasty snack at that price.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah going to pop into a shop and see how they handle since it's basically the screen and associated battery that's different about theses far as I can tell. It didn't bother me on the P30 Pro that I returned but this one is certainly a lot bigger.

If I can get £75 off as well then it's a tasty snack at that price.

Yes indeed. Cracking price. You could actually sell it second hand for more.

O2 phones seem to be unlocked as well. I have a EE SIM in mine.

Associate
Yeah pretty much. I did it on a 3 month contract and paid off 90% not sure why you would need to pay the first month.

You then cancel the air time and pay off the remaining balance on the device.
Because normally you have to give notice or pay pro-rata for the period you've used when cancelling.

Just wanting to check that after cancelling you only paid for the phone and nothing for the airtime contract.

Soldato
Don't think notice applies if you purchased online as you have the 14 days window, normally just pay what you've used which won't be a full month if do it right away.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ha, sorry! Wrote a few thoughts on why here if you’re interested.

Agree with gestures, massively disagree with Google assistant and notifications

Once apps are installed you can long press on them and lock them down massively

Google assistant which i use with home max, home X2 and 4 x mini as well as my phone and Mrs phone is amazing. Far better than Amazon and apple which I tested a lot with work.

I suspect you had issues with messages because you did not train the voice

Associate
Agree with gestures, massively disagree with Google assistant and notifications

Once apps are installed you can long press on them and lock them down massively

Google assistant which i use with home max, home X2 and 4 x mini as well as my phone and Mrs phone is amazing. Far better than Amazon and apple which I tested a lot with work.

I suspect you had issues with messages because you did not train the voice

I’ve trained the voice many times. As I mentioned I use GSuite / Google apps for business as my primary Google account, there are issues with assistant and gsuite accounts that have been outstanding for almost a year, Google support have been next to useless in resolving it. It works fine with a ‘normal’ consumer Google account - but all of my data is in my paid Google account.

Soldato
Tried the live chat with O2 today and not hard to get the £75 discount out of them at all so essentially can get this for £300ish.

Looks like I'm definitely getting a better camera and possibly performance with the stock Android but not gaining much in terms of battery life or aesthetics (looks similar to my S7 Edge). Also my pet hate at the moment is 3.5mm jack, losing that which I use a lot.

Having returned P30 Pro recently (bad colour reproduction on the camera with current software) I've tasted the flexibility of ultra wide and telephoto lenses so find it very limiting going back to single focal length on the Samsung.

Best case scenario if I buy this is probably using it until Note 10/Pixel 4 cycle (unless OnePlus blows us away in next 3 weeks) and hoping to sell this for a minimal loss in 6 months time.

Back
Top Bottom